I'm at my absolute wits end- truck still overheating despite best efforts (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's that coating on your non-oem tstat? How many miles on the tstat?
Why I ask: previous owner stated radiator on my LX had been replaced two years earlier. I replaced it anyway.
Also replaced the thermostat. Here is what it looked like next to the new OEM.
These pics were taken just as it was taken out, no cleaning of the old tstat.
I'm looking at the deposit on your old tstat and wondering, might your radiator have similar deposits?
Sorry, no Scangauge here yet. Just eyeballing it still, o_O.
View attachment 930554 View attachment 930555

I actually have no idea what the coating is on my old tstat. It could be a chemical reaction from the non-OEM metal used or it could be from the change of Green to Red coolant. Who knows.

Really late to the game here and didn't read much of the 44 pages, but could it be possible the belts are simply slipping on the water pump pulley? I have fought belt slip issues on other supercharged vehicles, just a thought.

Belts *seem* tensioned correctly but for kicks I will check in the morning.

Does the supercharger kit include any type of additional idler pulleys or does it just use the stock one?

So I heard your temps were around 205 today up on the hill? Considering it was over 90* out and a decent amount of work getting up and down the hill with a/c on. If that's true that's right in the middle of Toyota spec.

So I heard your temps were around 205 today up on the hill? Considering it was over 90* out and a decent amount of work getting up and down the hill with a/c on. If that's true that's right in the middle of Toyota spec.

lol, not so much. I spent most of the day at 215-224º. Downhill I was 200-205º. I had to stop a total of 9 times to pour water over the radiator to cool it down. I did this everytime the temps hit 220º. I went thru a total of 10gallons of water.

lol, not so much. I spent most of the day at 215-224º. Downhill I was 200-205º. I had to stop a total of 9 times to pour water over the radiator to cool it down. I did this everytime the temps hit 220º. I went thru a total of 10gallons of water.
That sucks.

I don't have obd2, so don't really know my exact temps, but I went down/up some hills today too!
big sluice and Cadillac hill... :steer:

Just thinking again, do your boost numbers seem to indicate any kind of restriction in the exhaust? I recall someone saying their cat issue showed up as excess boost, do your figures seem higher than they should be?

Jusat trying to work toward a differential diagnosis, it's a medical thing.

Just as another data point, I was off-roading all day yesterday and in addition to constantly over heating, my iAT numbers were constantly at 179*

One of the other mudders that was there as well had the same setup as me. He showed iAT numbers between 115 and 120*

Thinking I should install the snorkel if for any other reason to refuce my iAT numbers.

Hmm interesting, Ric's stock truck was running 210-220 all day also with the a/c running. Who's truck was at 179?

One of the other mudders that was there as well had the same setup as me. He showed iAT numbers between 115 and 120*.

Obviously he had something different in his setup or there wouldn't be a 50 degree difference in IAT.

Where is the iAT measured, betwwen the supercharger and intake?

Don't you know there's a drought here?

:flipoff2:

Just as another data point, I was off-roading all day yesterday and in addition to constantly over heating, my iAT numbers were constantly at 179*

One of the other mudders that was there as well had the same setup as me. He showed iAT numbers between 115 and 120*

Thinking I should install the snorkel if for any other reason to reduce my iAT numbers.

Before installing the snorkel, you should consider swapping out your gold insulated air filter box with a stock one. That should be easy and is something that's different on your rig from most others. (If I misremembering your setup, just ignore this post.)

Before installing the snorkel, you should consider swapping out your gold insulated air filter box with a stock one. That should be easy and is something that's different on your rig from most others. (If I misremembering your setup, just ignore this post.)

Its so funny you bring this up. I was actually thinking about it yesterday on the trail. It really is different and could be very well acting as an oven. I will start looking for an unmolested one.

image-1301065806-jpg.601880

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom