I survived.. but the 80 didn't..it saved me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

glad you're ok! sorry for your loss.

Yes ... Wrench guessed it right.. hit a parked semi on the freeway at around 70.. no lights on.. no hazards.. i was the only one in it and managed to get out of it with bruises and scratches.. I'm in Orange county, Cali.. I have a OME 2.5" medium load suspension.. and 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers with 5k miles on it..3 of em still good.. seats..interior all intact..

Wow! you were lucky to be driving an 80! Glad to hear you're ok.

Yes ... Wrench guessed it right.. hit a parked semi on the freeway at around 70.. no lights on.. no hazards.. i was the only one in it and managed to get out of it with bruises and scratches.. I'm in Orange county, Cali.. I have a OME 2.5" medium load suspension.. and 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers with 5k miles on it..3 of em still good.. seats..interior all intact..

where was the semi parked, the high speed lane?

FAJJAS80.. Glad you are ok dude.. Was he stopped in a Lane??

Wow, glad you are ok. Heartbreaking to see an 80 end up like that but important thing is your health.

Like everyone will ask, the semi was parked on the shoulder of the fast lane?

Glad you survived OK. Glad I drive one of these rigs too. May be interested in interior panels if Grey. Air cleaner assembly, rear hatch glass, more?? John

Glad you are OK. Get your insurance money and get another 80. You just can't beat em.

Very scary I'm glad you were able to walk away. How many miles on the OME suspension?

Ahh! Everyone of these makes my skin crawl, however it does make me feel good about diving one.

Very happy to see you made it out alright:)

But sorry about your 80.

Happy that you are ok.. you can always get another cruiser not another you as many would say.

I love showing the wife these things just to be like see !! we can fall off a cliff in the 80 and still survive :D

Anyways glad everything is ok and hopefully that is a once in a lifetime experience

What a shame on the cruiser,:eek: Glad you are OK, Amazing how strong these rigs are, I am glad to be driving one.
Chad

Glad you are okay! I can vouch for the strength of the 80s as well! I was t-boned by a BMW 745i that was going 45mph. It pushed me all the way through the intersection and up onto a curb. The front wheels of the BMW were pushed back about 8". I DROVE my LC to the shop...where they totaled it. There was no visible damage from inside the car.
DSCN3318.jpg
DSCN3343.jpg

Ouch! Did they total it due to physical damage to the frame, or just on being too expensive to fix? Did you keep it/rebuild/ part it out? John

Wow. Glad you're safe. 70MPH and a parked Semi...WTF?

Do you have Grey Seatbelts that I could pilfer from you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom