I believe it’s time to replace the front wheel bearings... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just have a hair over 200k miles and I’m beginning to feel vibrations in the footwell and steering wheel. As well as hearing the usual faint sounds.
My question is, what brands would you recommend for front wheel bearings? I have bookmarked bluepitbearings.com as an option, but also found a pair on 1AAuto.com for only $165 for the pair. Anyone have any experience with these? Especially long term quality?

I haven't done this yet but expect to later this year. I always look for good bearings Koyo is first and Timken second. Like NJGX, I plan to get the hub assembly so I don't have to press them out and back in. Keep us posted what you go with and if it solves your issue.

Amazon product ASIN B07MZDZPH5I put one of these in mine 6 months ago. it has a Koyo Bearing and has been doing great so far.

515040 Wheel Hub Bearing Complete Bolt On Assembly w/Studs Fits 4WD or AWD Front Left or Right 2010-2015 Lexus GX460 2003-2009 GX470 2003-2015 4Runner 2007-2014 FJ Cruiser 2005-2015 Tacoma

I have heard nothing but good things about Blue Pit Bearings, and plan to purchase their assemblies once needed.

From time to time I see rumblings about fake Koyo brearings from eBay and Amazon, and less than stellar reports of short life spans on "parts store" replacements.

coming from the 40-series and 80-series, I would choose Koyo bearings

Thank you for all for your input! So, it’s looking like Koyo is the way to go, just not sure where I’ll order them from yet.

I recently replaced both mine with BluePit. Great product and it was a quick and easy job.

2BD28BF8-8434-4D1F-A3AD-86C4B728CC02.jpeg

0861C280-4D66-4D5B-8E93-F79D2871714C.jpeg

8F40391F-0AC8-47A2-ABC2-011789B268ED.jpeg

Jersey Built Hubs could be another option as well. Lots of positive feedback on the Tacoma forums and less expensive than the Blue Pit hubs. He uses Timken bearings though, not Koyo.

You'll not find any difference between the Koyo and Timken bearings, both are excellent. Timken invented the tapered roller bearing, and some of the alloys used in them, and licensed that out to, among others, Koyo. I am not saying they are the same, but both are excellent and 1000X better than any chinesium crap. (My father is a Timken retiree.)

Jersey Built Hubs could be another option as well. Lots of positive feedback on the Tacoma forums and less expensive than the Blue Pit hubs. He uses Timken bearings though, not Koyo.
that guy got banned from tacomaworld cuz of lack of communication and sending out parts.

there are a couple other guys on TW that are good though.

that guy got banned from tacomaworld cuz of lack of communication and sending out parts.

there are a couple other guys on TW that are good though.
I wasn't aware of that. Glad I didn't use that guy when I had to replace mine.

Jersey built doesn’t deliver or comm well from what I have seen. Blue pit was at my house within a few days of ordering and never had premature failures.

Thank you for all the advice so far, but going back to my original question. Has anyone tried or know anything about the 1AAuto.com bearings I found? Also, I'm really leaning toward the ones on Amazon that intodeep posted above. They look to have the Koyo bearings.

Thank you for all the advice so far, but going back to my original question. Has anyone tried or know anything about the 1AAuto.com bearings I found? Also, I'm really leaning toward the ones on Amazon that intodeep posted above. They look to have the Koyo bearings.
Anyone out there know anything about the 1AAuto.com bearings, anyone? I’m about to pull the trigger and order them... I was just hoping someone knew about them.

I can't speak to that particular part. But I have ordered a few 1a items for various vehicles in the last 2+ years, and was always a bit shocked at how decent the quality was. They don't always have everything I need, but I would certainly try them again if they had the part I needed.

I have a 1a GX wheel sensor coming my way now (better go check the mailbox). Seemed to be in the middle ground between the real cheap items (not interested) and the really expensive ones. So we'll see....

I can't speak to that particular part. But I have ordered a few 1a items for various vehicles in the last 2+ years, and was always a bit shocked at how decent the quality was. They don't always have everything I need, but I would certainly try them again if they had the part I needed.

I have a 1a GX wheel sensor coming my way now (better go check the mailbox). Seemed to be in the middle ground between the real cheap items (not interested) and the really expensive ones. So we'll see....
Perfect, thank you for your feedback and experience. That helps push me in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom