How to remove gaskets from carburetor heat shield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel like an idiot asking this, but does anyone know of a good way to remove these gaskets? I let them soak in degreaser for 48 hours, but they’re still not coming off.

299F3107-1512-45F4-A8FC-FDD96CB2B247.jpeg

30CAB9C8-9A60-4244-B535-37B14C163A5F.jpeg

879720BB-4033-487D-815B-458199D9ABD5.jpeg

AFAIK they are not replaceable, the gaskets are bonded to the insulator.
do not use RTV to seal, they should be dry

Well, no wonder they weren't budging when I tried to remove them. . . . The FSM leaves a lot to the imagination for this. I think I am finally starting to see what's going on. I don't actually need an additional gasket between the insulator and the upper plenum because the plate has the only gasket I'll need there, right? I purchased the gasket below thinking I needed to put that between the upper plenum and the plate. Also, I do not need an additional gasket between the plate and the carb because, once again, the gasket is already on the plate, right?

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 8.07.08 AM.png

I reached out to someone yesterday to try to source a used one and the person responded today saying that I actually need to put gaskets between the plate and the plenum and the plate and the carb. Am I missing something? I want to get this right the first time so I don't screw anything else up. . . .

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 3.04.05 PM.png

I reached out to someone yesterday to try to source a used one and the person responded today saying that I actually need to put gaskets between the plate and the plenum and the plate and the carb. Am I missing something? I want to get this right the first time so I don't screw anything else up. . . .

View attachment 3308280
Just spend the $100? Or so and get the brand new one. Don’t waste your time with a used one and some gasket hack

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t misinterpret anything about the gaskets. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t misinterpret anything about the gaskets. Thanks for clarifying.

Please PM me ,

i WILL give you a first time Clients Path to becoming one of my many valued PLC's ( Platinum Level Client ) discount code #

and remember , just like @Seth S @cruisermatt & @3_puppies , whom are
ALL PLC's ........

they always WILL receive BLS for life ( Boutique Level Service )

- actually , one edit : @cruisermatt , is one of only 4 of my life long IRC's ( Iridium LEVEL CLIENT )

- i only anoint such life long achiever PLC's , say if they are engineering student-level type or say maybe a EAGLE SCOUT award recipient , you know the right stuff , stuff like NASA requires ...

- i wish i was a IRC ... :confused:

You've damaged the surface by trying to scrape off the bonded gasket. If you use an aftermarket gasket and RTV, the RTV will dissolve and you'll get a vacuum leak. If you use gaskets and NO RTV you'll get a vacuum leak. If you sand off the old gaskets and the surface isn't perfectly flat, you'll get a vacuum leak ....

Buy a new or used that hasn't been buggered and save yourself the hassle of taking the thing apart again.

Your complete order is all boxed up with my standard care and concern , also you shall be the FIRST Land Cruiser anyone to recieve one of only 1000pcs limited edition run of my KUSTOM Salam SNOW VERSION Insulated Trail STASH pouches

its good for anything like your organic free range cage free double yolks brown eggs .....

and ,. my exclusive
SITH-RED 2F valve cover DECAL had better be applied period correct just like @wngrog does all his , i mean you don't need to buy his `NipponDenso SST. laser level and all , just look to his picture perfect dozen or so applications so far , its like ANDY TEq WARHOL , down at the Tilda BOUGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom