How to get gasket material off intake/exhaust ports (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt gave me cause for concern for no reason….dammit Matt

the lead pencil reference was a generalization Dan ,

however , anytime i am grinding , polishing , or scraping etc. i wear 3M or Milwaukee N95 , Darth Vader one way valve equipped respirator

i don't want to go the way of the 1980's Toyota Technicians , whom used a blow dart compressed air , to preform a DRUM BRAKES Clean & Adjust ....:rolleyes:

this is why we have non-chlorinated brake clean like the CRC in the GREEN and WHITE can , it removes the airborne particulates factor and safely washes them into your 2 Gallon white HOME DEPOT plastic painters bucket that you have pre-lined with paper towels , then presto ! you press on the LID you did not forget to buy separately , that cost more then the dam bucket it self , the HAZMAT topic is safe , secure , and poses no harm to me , wife or the Dogs !

we will discuss your lack of poly-carbonite day-time pure yellow impact resistent lenses safety glasses later , in our weekly self progress PM at the usual time today ...

carry on .
1702664934038.png

All the above and plain old elbow grease.

All the above and plain old elbow grease.
Did I go a little overboard? Starting to see some metal casting or something underneath (see first picture) it must’ve been like that post machine shop and I didn’t remember is a possibility as well.

So the question: how does it look?!

Thanks
Dan

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2539.jpeg

IMG_2540.jpeg

IMG_2541.jpeg

Did I go a little overboard? Starting to see some metal casting or something underneath (see first picture) it must’ve been like that post machine shop and I didn’t remember is a possibility as well.

So the question: how does it look?!

Thanks
Dan

View attachment 3507972

View attachment 3507973

View attachment 3507974

View attachment 3507975

View attachment 3507976
That is about 3x’s as clean as I’ve ever cleaned mine. Looks great. It’ll seal just fine. After I did the remflex I never had another leak at that location.

A bit of advice when tightening the manifold to exhaust pipe with the donut gasket; tighten them slowly and in succession. Don’t crank one fully tight and move onto the next. Try and get them tight evenly. That particular spot is a problem leaker on my truck and I’ve found that it’s very easy to damage the collapsible donut gasket and it’ll leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom