How to Determine Bolt Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you looking for the bolt size and thread pitch or just want to know if it's possible to figure it out from the part number?

This thread says that's an M14x1.5 and no one corrected the guy so probably right.

Last edited:
M14x1.5 sounds right. My thread chasers only go up to 12mm

Speaking of ^^^, this might be a good place to ask this: If one was looking to build a set of taps and dies for a LC, what would be needed outside of the standard 10-ish piece set? Anybody have a good list going? I've lent out and/or lost or broken the majority of what I had, including the odd pitches that don't come in sets.

Definitely M14 x 1.5. I just ordered one. I'm chasing the fixed nut that holds the bolt for the tow hook. I can't imagine there is anything bigger than that on the truck but I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

5FFBFEB0-7E6D-483D-BA64-DA9C75B5C98E.jpeg
FCE257AC-5848-4C47-A11F-26B4E9297FCC.jpeg
49880EEF-FEA1-4B9B-80D4-30F9E12B7CC5.jpeg

Except that this doesn't make sense for 90119-14097. This part number would make it a M40 bolt. We know it is M14. And the length is wrong too. Hmm. They must have changed the code?

Definitely M14 x 1.5. I just ordered one. I'm chasing the fixed nut that holds the bolt for the tow hook. I can't imagine there is anything bigger than that on the truck but I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.
did that size tap/die work for you?

i also want to clean up the captive nut threads and bolt/nut that hold a pintle hook to my 80 series. my tap/die kit and thread repair kit top out at M12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom