How many Piggies are there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any other Canadian Pigs? Cruiser Guy of course - and it's a beauty.There must be other Canuck survivors.I know of 2 others that are non-runners and one of them never will be.
Of the 4 currently in my back yard 2 will,unfortunately,sacrifice themselves to keep the others going.50% death rate.
It's funny also how these fine rigs don't have the resale of some of the other series.Things that make you go hmmmm.....

:pig:

I parted mine a few years back and can account for three more in atlanta that are parts rigs. I know of two that are mid resto and haven't seen the road in years. And 1 that is used as a DD.

have 4.............. well; 2 drivable and trying to make one out of two abandoned SBC projects see<body transplant> thread......... have seen and posted pix of two more that are rusting away in the area.so total of 6 in the area and two used as DDs..have not seen another pig on the road for 7-8 years except for a brief sighting of an out of state one on the MS-AL state line........heck only see an FJ60 bout once a year xcept for the:princess:DD

Lou

not many left down here,and the ones that are left,people have no idea!!
check this local auction and the comment at the bottom of the page!!

The ones I got to make up mine cost about that much. Mind you I put a little more into it to get it roadworthy.

There is only one that I know of in S.E. Tennessee and it's mine.

Pete M. has one North of Nashville........he rolled it at Tellico several years ago BUT not much left on it.....

Lou

Pete M. has one North of Nashville........he rolled it at Tellico several years ago BUT not much left on it.....

Lou

The statement "not much left on it" makes it another less piggy out there!

Has anyone done a count on the piggy registry to see how many are registered by their owners? I'd venture a guess that it you doubled or even tripled that, that you'd be fairly close to the number left roadworthy in the areas frequented by 'mudders.

Charles; you are correct; the Nashville piggy is dead......left is the frame; crushed roof and 4 doors along with the drive train that Pete was going to put in his fj40 looked at it but it was pretty hopeless :(

Lou

I have 1. I have only seen 1 other in person, which was in Switzerland, of all places, in the mountains. There I saw a couple FJ25's, a couple early FJ40's, FJ45's, a FJ47 or two, and the FJ55, along with a few Willy's Overland Jeeps and such. So when I drove by and saw the FJ55 sitting in the front yard for sale, I had to stop and see it because I had never touched one before. I bought it because it was a good deal and was too rare to pass up!

Brian

I have 2, a neighbor just parted out one with just the frame left. In Phoenix I'd bet there are about 15 to 20. I've seen for sale or know the owners of about 10. Factor in the non-board members and resto projects in various peoples garages and I conservatively say there's another 10 here. Tucson has at least 15 to 20. Everytime I turnaround there's at least one for sale on craigs list or eBay from there (a different one each time). Several in the Prescott and Flagstaff areas. I'd say 50 + or - in AZ as an educated guess. Probably 2/3 of those are or could be road worthy.

Is this info that can be pulled out of the various state title offices? I say title because there are probably 5 or 6 that are titled for every 1 that is registered as a driver.

I see pigs fairly frequently in Seattle WA. There are at least 3 for sale on Craigslist right now as well. Pacific Northwest Pig Heaven.

i have 140 in my vin file. that includes 3 of the five i've had. one of the three is gone. last i heard, my first pig was a class project and had been sold off to a student that was driving it, but that was 15 years ago, so no clue if it's still going.

i also i have a friend who's not on the list who has two pigs.

One in progress, one with an uncertain future here.
And a few rusty parts from one that was beyond hope.

I just saw a clean looking brown and white 55 in Reno a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom