How Long Did It Take You To Build Your Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought mine back in 2000 while in junior college. About 2 weeks later I drove it to school just to have the hacked wire harness catch on fire, while driving it. That was fun. It sat for a while as my dad helped me rebuild the harness using the factory diagram.

Drove it on the weekends and during the summer of 2002 before I decided to cut out all of the rust and redo it. Basically that meant scraping from the cowl back. Bad idea. After ju-co I went off to engineering school so the 40 was pushed aside. Then started a career, 40 still pushed off, but in the garage at my parents the whole time.

In 07, it got an SOA lift and Aqualu tub. Then sat a few more years. Last year I built the axles and had some parts blasted and painted. Still have some that need to be done.

Sooo... going on 12 years and counting.

The work is never done. I did a frame off and it took a year and a half, 6 days a week, before I got it back on the road. Now, 3 years later, I still have items on my original list to complete as money comes available while I wheel the heck out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom