How does this tube bender look? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

Looking to fab up a couple bumpers and a roof rack. Does this look alright to do the job? I'm a uni student so the sale price kinda caught my eye.
Thanks

Geoff

Last edited:
awwww shoot....now that I think about it, that's a pretty small tube. Why can't you americans just switch to metric already??

Geoff

Bender

I have that bender mounted on the workbench. I've used it to bend 1/8" and 3/16" strap, up to 2 inches wide. If you were making a bumper for an R/C car I guess it would do OK.
I use it for small brackets and stuff where I want bends cleaner and more complex than one can make in a vice.

I don't think it's going to cut it for your bumper, although you might be able to make up the pieces for the roof rack, depending on your design.

It is not a tube bender. As the add states, flat and solid round or square. It is a fine price for what it does.

that could be good for hard lines like for ac or brakes, but not tube for bumpers and stuff. For bumpers and tube work, look at Pro-Tools HD 105 or JD Model 3 etc.

Woody needs to get us a group buy on benders :D

It is not a tube bender. It will crush tube. It is not a tube bender.

I have one exactly like that and it's a Harbor Freight clone of the one that Shop Outfitters has been selling for years. It's fine for ornamental iron or light fabricating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom