How do you store your bodies? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YMT

Threads
Tried to go for a catchy thread title. Should have posted on Halloween but was concerned what festive ideas I'd get.
I'm looking for storage ideas for body parts (FJ80, not dead hookers ;)). I'm thinking of making a rolling cart thing for the doors and fenders. I'm curious to hear what y'all have going for part storage.
I'd love to build a shed, but that's a few months to a year out

I wait for them to rust, then sweep up the pile.

I actually don't own an 80, with my 40 I had bodies parts scattered around my basement. I was pretty lucky to have the extra storage space available.

Now I'd be hosed for a place to store body parts in my new house, maybe I could justify a new workshop out back.

Parts go inside of parts vehicles, isn't that how they got the name? :p

In 2010 I tore apart my '87 mini truck for a full-on restore. At one point in 2011 I realized there was nothing left to take apart, it was as far apart as I could get it. Bare frame in the garage. I built a cradle to put the cab on with casters so I could move it around.

CabOnly.jpg

When I stored it over the winter, the fenders and door went into the cab. Hood went into the bed that sat on my homemade utility trailer:

IMG_20130710_143600_229.jpg

(that photo is actually on the way home from the paint shop)

Thanks to KLF for the idea. It's not the best pictures but I finally got around to document what I did.

I used 6" swivel casters on each corner. 4x4s to make the base with some repurposed shelf brackets on the corners. In order to get my hoist to slide under, I put some 1x6 under the 4x4s. Then added a 4'x8' rectangle of 2x6 boards.

I have this body on the cradle in the garage while I prep it for a body swap.

IMG_20200224_162853.jpg

IMG_20200224_162916.jpg

15825909330111968719041166865117.jpg

I wait for them to rust, then sweep up the pile.

I actually don't own an 80, with my 40 I had bodies parts scattered around my basement. I was pretty lucky to have the extra storage space available.

Now I'd be hosed for a place to store body parts in my new house, maybe I could justify a new workshop out back.
You can always justify a new workshop.

Generally in a shallow unmarked grave in the desert.

ever since moving to Louisiana, I have maintained that the swamp is the ideal place to dump your mother-in-law

ever since moving to Louisiana, I have maintained that the swamp is the ideal place to dump your mother-in-law

"A mean vicious woman"

"Gators got your granny"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom