How did you extend your shift linkages?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kent

Pedal Head
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all, Added a Marlin Toybox so now the transfer case and tranny are separated by an additional 6.5 inches or so. I need some ideas on how to extend both transfer case shifter links. I did extend the high low neutral shift arm. That made the lever arm so long the shifter throw is extended to where it wants to hit the gear shift lever in the cab and probably the passenger's knee cap! I know some of you guys have some sweetly simple yet effective ways of doing this. My way isn't going to work. Lets see those pics please!! Kent

Hi all, Added a Marlin Toybox so now the transfer case and tranny are separated by an additional 6.5 inches or so. I need some ideas on how to extend both transfer case shifter links. I did extend the high low neutral shift arm. That made the lever arm so long the shifter throw is extended to where it wants to hit the gear shift lever in the cab and probably the passenger's knee cap! I know some of you guys have some sweetly simple yet effective ways of doing this. My way isn't going to work. Lets see those pics please!! Kent

MD11fr8dog has that same setup and twin-sticked his. Bikersmurf is looking for that thread which has a bunch of good pics.

Ed

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/35921-home-grown-twin-stick-pics.html

Extend

Here's some of mine.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/209633-more-changes.html
The pic's aren't near as good as the "home grown". Basically the same game though. I built mine a little over kill, have to go easy when shifting. There's enough leverage there to break something. I used seal washers with the rubber inserts between the blocks to keep them from rattling & keep a little tension on them. The shift levers are out of 5/8" stainless, made the knobs out of aluminum. The blocks are 4140. Shouldn't ever have to mess with it again.

Ken

Thanks for the info. Looks much better than the hillbilly method I was using. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom