Horn relay location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Actually a bit embarrassed to even ask this question… did the frame off, been wheeling it for about 2-3 years… street legal as far as the DMV is concerned… never quite figured out how to put the horn wiring back together :D
The other day a lady cut me off and I was SO PISSED and had no way to let her know (well could have drove up onto her trunk but that may have been pushing it a bit).

Where on a 1973 FJ40 is the three prong connector for the horn relay?

1971 FSM states the "horn relay is installed at the right side of the cowl." No diagram, tho.

maybe if you look at the picture in the mirror itll help you and get some white out and remove the bettery of your choice :)

Right where the picture shows it! At least it is on my '76. Passenger side inside, top surface of fender, rearward and downslope a little.

Mine's unplugged - one day my wife's working in the yard, I'm at work, and the Cruiser just starts honking at her! Not a solid blast but individual honks! Scared the hell out of her. Called a friend and they just started unplugging stuff until it stopped. So I don't have horns but I can yell a****** pretty loud.

theo said:
Right where the picture shows it! At least it is on my '76. Passenger side inside, top surface of fender, rearward and downslope a little.

was in the same location in my '72, but fried :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom