Home plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
Anyone have a favorite? Something between 2300 and 3500 sq ft. This will be build #7 and I'm running out of ideas.

Take a look at the Not So Big House books by Sarah Susanka. One of our favorites from the books (and probably the one we'll build if we build another house) is the Prairie Ingenuity.

454-4e-2100_plan-detail.jpg

Generic plans are everywhere on the web. After 7 homes don't you have a style or idea of what you really want? Spec home or custom for yourself for the long run? Sounds like you're ready for the $$$$$ of an architect

I think if you're ambivalent about the design and will accept ideas from us ... then a good start is to consider what looks best given the lot size & layout - for resale "curb appeal" is important. Are you dealing with a 50x150 or 200x500 lot? Can you accommodate a circular driveway? How about a bungalow

I am partial to bungalow's (but don't own one yet - but stairs get old in a hurry) and I like courtyards ... a center courtyard can be very nice.

having lived in 8 different places in my life for more than 5 years or longer each (not counting the student studio for a year), I now have a fairly good idea what design works for me simply from looking at the floor plan - not all of them are the same, but the light, orientation, and size of the whole place also plays into the feeling about it

I do not have a universal "best design" since those places were on different continents in the past and the current ones are in very different states in the US :meh:

having lived in 8 different places in my life for more than 5 years or longer each (not counting the student studio for a year), I now have a fairly good idea what design works for me simply from looking at the floor plan - not all of them are the same, but the light, orientation, and size of the whole place also plays into the feeling about it

I do not have a universal "best design" since those places were on different continents in the past and the current ones are in very different states in the US :meh:

see this site.. http://[url=http://www.highlandstorage.com/]storage units utah[/url

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom