Home made lx470 AHC over ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if the system doesn’t know the vehicle is moving ie no front wheel speed input - then the adaptive variable suspension stays in its quiescent state regardless

Understood, thank you Sir. So if anything is changed to override the speed input wires, adding a switch is better than just cutting wires but doing nothing at all is best.

Last edited:
Yes, doesn’t matter if you’re using the previously available “name brand” override switch or sticking in a $2 DPST switch inline or cutting wires - if the system doesn’t know the vehicle is moving ie no front wheel speed input - then the adaptive variable suspension stays in its quiescent state regardless
ooo i see but is there anyway to trick the system into activating the suspension in high mode?

ooo i see but is there anyway to trick the system into activating the suspension in high mode?

I guess if you just eliminate high mode by maxing out the sensors that would do it

I guess if you just eliminate high mode by maxing out the sensors that would do it
You aren't eliminating high mode, just adjusting the system so that it thinks it is in N when sitting higher. Your high mode would be even higher.

Reactions: ls6
It's the vid done by the original author of this thead. It's a method used to trick the AHC height control system from automatically going to neutral from high when traveling over 20 mph by cutting the signal from the left and right front wheel sensors to the AHC ECU. I learned that i was traveling a well worn path rather than blazing one.

if the system doesn’t know the vehicle is moving ie no front wheel speed input - then the adaptive variable suspension stays in its quiescent state regardless

This seems less than optimal, especially traveling over 19mph. Especially in H mode with close to 0 droop.

It’s not like normal H mode where the ride still kind of sucks but at least your AHC is working and the clearance can help you over a bump.

Did you just cut the wires or install a switch? If switch, it doesn’t work with the switch on and off?

If you cut, check and make sure things are making accidental contact and shorting out. Or twist the wires back together temporarily and test again?

So, I reconnected the wires that I cut, left the neg lead disconnected for a couple hours and came back. Still no go. I get 2 blinks then back to solid green N. Had my son hit the switch while I listened at the pump and it didn't seem to be coming on. I've checked the AHC fuse and it's good. Haven't checked the relay yet (don't know how to check it, but I'll google it). Does anyone have any other ideas?

Deleted, info I wanted was later in post. That's what happens when you have a few beers after a long abstinence I suppose...

Last edited:
Anyone do this mod and can share the ride condition in High mode at 40-60 mph ??

From N height with truck running in park press the raise button. After a couple seconds and seeing the H light blink press the suspension off button and shut the truck ignition off. If you get the timing right when you restart the truck will be locked in High. It will stay there until you exceed 50 mph.

So turn off before going all the way up? And it will be in all the way up in H when cranking again? I think I saw where others tried this with no luck. Are you riding a unicorn?

I'm guessing one of the primary reasons the system lowers at 19 mph is due to the excessive angles put on the CV joints. So if you drive like this very often expect to be buying new CV joints real soon.

Well it actually does work. The ride height is not exactly as high as full H mode but it is a higher lift. Then goes to N at 50 mph.

Well it actually does work. The ride height is not exactly as high as full H mode but it is a higher lift. Then goes to N at 50 mph.
Interesting stuff. Suspension off and ignition off when H is blinking, or after H is solid, fully in H?

Suspension off and ignition off when H is blinking, or after H is solid, fully in H?

Press OFF while still blinking before H is solid. I tried it when all the way up and it didn't work. So I just allowed it to blink for three seconds then pressed OFF and turned engine off. That seems to work every time.

Most definitely not as high as H mode though. I measured the rear and it's probably !90% as high, while the front is only ~60% as high as H mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom