Hold on to your 100 series, fellas, don't make the same mistake I did. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't believe I sold my 2007 LX470, was the cleanest, best looking, best running 100 series I've ever owned. I sold it because i thought i wanted something new, and also because my stocks were getting pounded. Now that the market is better, i was car shopping and there's absolutely nothing that drives like a 100 series. Sure it's slow, sure it drinks gas like crazy, but the size, smoothness, and the way it feels you cannot get that in any other vehicle. I keep trying to move to a 200 but something about it i can't seem to like, just feels so bulky and floaty. Tried to look at range rovers but i keep thinking im driving a ticking time bomb. Tried a 5th gen 4runner too and it just didn't feel right. So now i'm frantically looking for another clean, rust free 100 series before the winter. This time i'm holding it until i die, or it dies. Pretty safe bet i'll die before a cruiser dies. Rant's over, have a good weekend!

:(

51120210980_ad45c43351_h.jpg

I didn’t know you sold yours:( Wasn’t it the one you wrapped in the beautiful satin white color? When did you sell it??

I didn’t know you sold yours:( Wasn’t it the one you wrapped in the beautiful satin white color? When did you sell it??

That's ages ago heh, i bought 3 more 100 series since then. I still have that cruiser, but i gave it to my lil brother when he had a kid.

Can't believe I sold my 2007 LX470, was the cleanest, best looking, best running 100 series I've ever owned. I sold it because i thought i wanted something new, and also because my stocks were getting pounded. Now that the market is better, i was car shopping and there's absolutely nothing that drives like a 100 series. Sure it's slow, sure it drinks gas like crazy, but the size, smoothness, and the way it feels you cannot get that in any other vehicle. I keep trying to move to a 200 but something about it i can't seem to like, just feels so bulky and floaty. Tried to look at range rovers but i keep thinking im driving a ticking time bomb. Tried a 5th gen 4runner too and it just didn't feel right. So now i'm frantically looking for another clean, rust free 100 series before the winter. This time i'm holding it until i die, or it dies. Pretty safe bet i'll die before a cruiser dies. Rant's over, have a good weekend!

:(

51120210980_ad45c43351_h.jpg

My sincere condolences for your loss.

my plan is for my three year old to drive my cruiser to high school. She has already decided. She wants to paint it pink with black rims. Haha.

As much as I love my 100series I don’t think I’ll be going in the 200 direction for a trail & offroad rig. Capable but Wide-heavy- and now too expensive

I want to drive one of these new Sasquatch Broncos

Every single bronco have seen in person looks like a Jeep renegade. Very disappointing. The blazer and bronco redo’s are unimpressive.

Last edited:
Your LX was super clean. I remember how much you loved that truck, took real pride in owning it. Remember when you wasted no time and hopped underneath it to wash all the salt off (that one time you guys got snow and you had to drive it) and go straight to Fluid Filming it. Sucks that you felt like you had to sell it. Hope you find a good replacement!

Every single broncoI have seen in person looks like a Jeep renegade. Very disappointing. The blazer and bronco redo’s are unimpressive.
I believe the Broncos you are currently seeing on the roads are the Bronco Sport, not the bigger offroad-use Broncos that people are waiting for.

I have a hoarding problem. After I've built one, I hang on to it forever.

Your LX was super clean. I remember how much you loved that truck, took real pride in owning it. Remember when you wasted no time and hopped underneath it to wash all the salt off (that one time you guys got snow and you had to drive it) and go straight to Fluid Filming it. Sucks that you felt like you had to sell it. Hope you find a good replacement!

Yeah i just wanted something with radar cruise control and apple carplay since i road trip and travel a lot. Not to sound like a cult here but nothing drives, feel, and look as good as a 100 series. I'm currently inquiring about a thunder cloud LC in Iowa, waiting for undercarriage pics but i think it'll be rusty since it lived there.

Sorry man! I still get my Craigslist search emails and a year later haven’t seen one as nice as the one I bought last June. Well that was under 20k. Good luck!

I think the 100 is a special vehicle and checks all the boxes for me: good looks, reliable, extremely capable and as luxurious as I’ll ever need - it’s aged very well in my opinion. I rode in some friends new Range Rover (the big one, not the sport) a few weeks back and wasn’t really impressed. Nothing is as solid as a land cruiser. Hope you find another good one.

After having experienced selling an 80 series "too soon", I don't think I'll sell any of mine. At this point, more just keep following me home.

Sure the prices are way up since the pandemic, but even so, there's just not much out there that I'd really like to replace one of mine with.

I have a hoarding problem. After I've built one, I hang on to it forever.

This. I'm in the collection phase of life. Once one vehicle is finished, we only ADD new ones.

That's how I've already outgrown my new-to-me garage in 3 months of ownership. Anyone wanna go halvesies on a storage building?

Every single broncoI have seen in person looks like a Jeep renegade. Very disappointing. The blazer and bronco redo’s are unimpressive.
I was thinking they look too much like a Range Rover and all belong at the mall. I haven’t seen one that looked trail ready, yet.

Just heard back from the 07 LC i was inquiring about in Iowa, this might be too much rust for the asking price $27K. I'm tolerable of rust, more so that most people on here but if im going to pay a premium, it should be clean. If anyone has any leads on an 06-07 LC in thundercloud metallic please let me know.

51271550452_39cf889382_b.jpg

51271550422_7ca41a39a3_b.jpg

I think you need to come down to the ArkLaTex region and find a soccer mom driven example that's never seen a grain of salt. The price will be more reasonable too.

1999 LX470

1624722999085.png

Just heard back from the 07 LC i was inquiring about in Iowa, this might be too much rust for the asking price $27K. I'm tolerable of rust, more so that most people on here but if im going to pay a premium, it should be clean. If anyone has any leads on an 06-07 LC in thundercloud metallic please let me know.

51271550452_39cf889382_b.jpg

51271550422_7ca41a39a3_b.jpg
$27k and you're not even getting a stock oem muffler. Hard pass and I'm a salt belt guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom