Hold on to your 100 series, fellas, don't make the same mistake I did. (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As she sits, i'm pretty much done with the cruiser, nothing left to modify/repair in the meantime. Next thing i gotta do is build a platform bed to sleep in for Fall camping and possibly another cross country road trip after this covid crap is not tearing the nation apart.

Spent most of the day buffing my cars, the corolla didn't get any love though. I treat it like a red headed stepchild. If you're a car guy, this is a great setup. We got the fast unreliable german missile, then we got a dependable and roomy Land Cruiser, and when you need a vehicle to save gas on, corolla is the best choice.

51431977534_a4ab208723_h.jpg

51431233476_7c17eeb541_b.jpg

51431977549_e332b23f22_h.jpg

51430538837_08dc2742a9_h.jpg

51432042219_3aa9cd8a9c_h.jpg

An unreliable German highway missile? You don't say.

Love that driveway!

And the carpet looks like it turned great. Happy with it?

I like my 100 series but I’d be test driving more luxury SUVs if you think it’s the best driving smoothest ride you’ve had.
Yeah, they are incredible, they are also 14-21 years old lol

Love that driveway!

And the carpet looks like it turned great. Happy with it?

yep, but once I build a platform storage you won’t see much of the carpet so I’m starting to wonder if all the work was worth it. I’d say only do this if your carpet has mad stains.

But if you wait till you have mad stains, you may never have a platform, perhaps.

I finally brought me self to remove the rear seats; it was a hard change, as I, as an avid LC/LX owner have always believed that oem, classic, is the way to be. Hm? The seats are now stored and I really like having the extra space. Who rides in those F**king seats anyway!!!!

Now, I think I want a rack. I’ve been running to Lowe’s and grabbing a few fence boards hear and there, laying down the second row seats and all that BS, and then cleaning up and putting everything back to its original positions, and then… bullshiet…I need a 2x4, a 10er! So off to the orange or blue store I go. The ritual happens again!

IF I had a nice, low profile, sturdy and KEWL looking rack, only IF, well sheit, I could just throw the damn board on the rack, strap her down and haul ass!!!! What am I thinking!!!

The things I do. How about you?

Jumping in with my 2 cents worth, for what it’s worth. I’ve owned five (5) LC’s over the years. 1- 1983 FJ40, 2- 1988 FJ62’s, 1- 1989, and 1- 1991.
I now drive a classic silver/gray interior, loaded 2007 LX and DW drives a 2015 LX, white with linen interior, both acquired from original owners with low miles, stock and in awesome condition. I waited patiently to find these. They drive so sweet, comfort level is incredible, nothing like the LC’s, Denai’s, suburban’s, BMW’s or MB’s we’ve had over the years, and those were newer too. The LX is the perfect length and width, an extremely well balanced machine just as they sit. It has crossed my mind a time or two to sell the ’07, but that thought gets quickly dismissed, once I’ve come back to reality after seeing other options. Been there, done that. I sometimes think I need a truck, to haul junk and yard debris to the landfill, pick up a 2x4, mulch, etc. My conclusion so far has been, don’t do anything that requires a PU! Or, borrow my bud’s, let them pay for ownig an empty bed. LOL!

Seriously though, I love the way my LX’s drive, and I can not imagine doing without one, or two. And, with less than 3000 2007’s sold in the US, and less than 4000 2015’s, despite a few quirks (’07 sound system sucks!), the rarity of these two models alone makes driving them very enjoyable, on any given day

I'm new to this board, so this was a good time to make my first post. I ran across this post after reading a lot of various posts and threads about the 100 series, specifically the 2007 LX470. I believe they are the finest production vehicles ever made, period. I've loved LC's my whole life, owned one in 1988 for a few years, and just acquired an Onyx Black 2007 Limited Edition LX with 107,000 miles. All service work has been done including water pump and timing belt, undercoat is in great shape. It looks like it has been babied it's whole life basically. It was exactly what I was looking for, as it will be the wife's daily driver. I'm hoping we enjoy it as much as we think we will, and have our fingers crossed that it will provide years and years of trouble free, enjoyable driving.

With the new 300 series coming out, more powerful twin turbo V6 in the LX but no LC, do you think the value of 100/200 series will increase or decrease?
200’s will likely go up. I think the 100’s are at a plateau. But who knows.

I sold my 100 last week.

I considered $25k two years ago to be way overpaying for a 100 with 110k miles. Now, I assume everyone would agree it's worth at least that? Somewhat built.

My real concern, having recently departed a deer with our classic beemer is what happens when my hundy hits an elk or otherwise gets deemed at total loss. USAA completely screwed me on the value of my semi-classic BMW and it was totally repairable for a fraction of what their "approved" body shop quoted. Oregon law says if insurance calls it a total loss it gets a salvage title forever. Aholes. So, I guess what worries me most about my LC is the loss (of hair and money) I'll take when the insurance company goes to screw me out of its current market value. I researched classic car insurance (2006). None out there consider it in scope. Do we all expect to just flush it all when the rig gets totaled or even ends up more costly to repair than 80% of kbb (which is a complete joke these days but is exactly what insurance adjusters magically resolve to)? Insurance companies are not playing the game when it comes to the covid-era used car valuations. They're just hoping we all don't notice. Anyone else concerned? Or is it a given for our normal off-road use case plus the feel of "Toyota" ownership return on investment (at least until it's totaled)?

Not to highjack, but it seems like something we should all...consider?

Last edited:
With the new 300 series coming out, more powerful twin turbo V6 in the LX but no LC, do you think the value of 100/200 series will increase or decrease?

100 series pricing is now getting the attention that it deserves. I think 100s pricing will be high right along with 1st gen Tacomas.

The only difference is 1st gen Tacoma pricing was already high before it became very high in the past year.

1642342843235.png

So disappointed that the LC300 won't be offered in the US. But then even if it were available here, few of us can handle the "baseline" tasks in our garages9 anymore given the 10x more complexity compared to the Hundys 😂

So disappointed that the LC300 won't be offered in the US. But then even if it were available here, few of us can handle the "baseline" tasks in our garages9 anymore given the 10x more complexity compared to the Hundys 😂
I want to get my wife the LX600 after its been out a few years. By then our x5 diesel should have close to 200k and can be retired.

Ive yet to put more than 5 miles in my LX470 and I've put a tremendous amount of money and time into it.

I dont know if ill keep it but ive done every mod possible to make it comfortable while lifted and on 35's.

I may buy a 200 in the future for myself but ill give my hundy a good few years before I decide if ill sell or not.

Going to test drive an 06 LX470 today. Less than 100K miles with 2" lift with belts and water pump replaced. Also considering a 2018 LC with only 8,000 miles. Thoughts and insight welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom