Help with TPMS bypass/disable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone figured out how to bypass the TPMS? Ive done it on several other Toyota’s and Lexus by splicing together two wires. I haven’t seen any write ups for a 200 series. I located the wiring harness for the module, behind the passenger/rear panel but don’t know which wires will ground the module.

C0C2E28B-E663-42EE-9F33-B0DE89D70DF4.jpeg

1C3562F8-7389-4044-AC64-A1FDA7F12D13.jpeg

Nope, but I'm super interested. Please post back if you find out.

I'm running a hack - sealed pressurized pvc container with TPMS sensors inside. I'd really rather bypass it the way you describe.

Nope, but I'm super interested. Please post back if you find out.

I'm running a hack - sealed pressurized pvc container with TPMS sensors inside. I'd really rather bypass it the way you describe.
Personally I'm very reluctant to splice or change any of the stock wiring, especially safety related, in a CanBus system. The last thing I want is the electrons to revolt in my LC. Just put something over the darn light?

Guys have been doing the bypass in the Tundra and other Toyotas with no ill effects.

Personally I'm very reluctant to splice or change any of the stock wiring, especially safety related, in a CanBus system. The last thing I want is the electrons to revolt in my LC. Just put something over the darn light?
TPMS is totally divorced from everything else. It is not integrated into any other system.

I went the @CharlieS route, which included a stop at the plumbing store. It's a bit chewed up from wrestling a tight enough seal. Use pipe dope, too.

Bottom bits are glued together. Top is threaded. I drilled out a hole for the valve stem, which is used to inflate to a TPMS-calming pressure.

I keep this behind the 2nd row seat, which is central enough to the sensors to shut up the blinkies.

4" ABS. From top to bottom:

--valve stem
--threaded plug
--cleanout adapter
--pipe cap

If I did this again, I'd find a better spot for the valve stem; the internal portion is crammed against the pipe wall and made keeping a seal a pain.

1675460445309.png

Can someone explain the 'why' on this mod? Not trying to be snarky, just legitimately want to understand the reason for wanting to get rid of the TPMS sensors.

So I guess I didn’t need a bypass after all on my 2010. Just slapped on wheels with regular valve stems and no lights! When I go the tpms display it just shows “checking” on four wheels and the spares psi.

Can someone explain the 'why' on this mod? Not trying to be snarky, just legitimately want to understand the reason for wanting to get rid of the TPMS sensors.
Because tpms sensors only last so long until they become problematic and unless replaced with Oem ones the aftermarket ones are problematic sometimes from the start and I should have a choice if I want to have them or not. Also nice to not have to worry about when you run multiple wheel sets.

So I guess I didn’t need a bypass after all on my 2010. Just slapped on wheels with regular valve stems and no lights! When I go the tpms display it just shows “checking” on four wheels and the spares psi.
I suspect after a 20 minute drive you will experience a yellow triangle and persistent MFD message

Because tpms sensors only last so long until they become problematic and unless replaced with Oem ones the aftermarket ones are problematic sometimes from the start and I should have a choice if I want to have them or not. Also nice to not have to worry about when you run multiple wheel sets.
Pacific industries makes the sensors for Toyota, often boxed as denso, and these can be purchased much cheaper than genuine Toyota but maintain the same function (if you get the correct model) and reliability.

Programming for different wheels is as easy as getting a carista or techstream setup.

And you keep the frankly awesome safety system that is TPMS.

Been driving for last two days and nothing so far.
It's not been my experience. If I have a sensor go out, it will search for it for a while. About 20 min later, yellow triangle shows up. Admittedly I haven't tried 80% of sensors being removed, just one (20%).

Possibly my trips haven’t been quite long enough but at least 15mins at a time. Kinda strange it would take so long to keep me safe 🤣🤷‍♂️

Has anyone figured out how to bypass the TPMS? Ive done it on several other Toyota’s and Lexus by splicing together two wires. I haven’t seen any write ups for a 200 series. I located the wiring harness for the module, behind the passenger/rear panel but don’t know which wires will ground the module.

View attachment 2832201

View attachment 2832202
Hi Danny, I saw you where attempting to bypass the TPMS, i'm very interested can you share more details pictures and instruction. I hate this stupid system. Also location of the ECU box, i see its on the rear passenger quarter panel, but from the picture i see two white box. Also which wire to short, did you use a resistor across the two wires? Thanks in advance. Rom

Hello, came across this thread for the TPMS sensor. I've been going back and forth trying to get my light to go away, but it might not be my sensors and may be the receiving unit. I had discount tire install new sensors, but they simply can't get the light to go away after cycling it through the system.

Does anyone know what two wires bypass the light from the harness in the rear quarter panel? Or hypothetically, what wires would those be? Lol

Much appreciated 👍

I still have the silly TMP warning, it came out when Discount Tire installed the spare tire. and could not figure it out. very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom