Help with ARB Twin Compressor Install (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For an ARB Twin Compressor install on a LC 200 using the SLEE tray, does anyone have any experience with installing the braided stainless hose?

I need to somehow twist the hose by 90 degrees to get it to wind similar to the way SLEE recommends, but the braided stainless hose really doesn't want to twist at all, and I don't want to force it too much for fear of kinking the hose.

Are there any tricks to doing this?

slee-instructions.png

how the hose comes.jpeg

I had the same issue, couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. I simply ended up not using the manifold and leaving the quick-disconnect air-hose attachment on the compressor body.

If the issue is the manifold connection you can loosen the end bolt on manifold and rotate the output hole to a better angle.

I had this same issue! No need to move the manifold. The end of the cable will move if you use a vise and forcefully move it.

here's a better link. Video directly from slee:

SLEE believes the manifold helps to keep the air hose from melting.

Used the technique outlined above, worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone for their feedback!

Did you all just coil up the substantial extra wire between the provided fuses and the connector? Or cut up the nicely shrouded harness and splice?

Did you all just coil up the substantial extra wire between the provided fuses and the connector? Or cut up the nicely shrouded harness and splice?
I cut mine down to eliminate excess wire.

Interesting. I wonder how it does that.
If you air up a lot of tires the compressor will get really hot. If you have the Quick Connect mounted directly on the compressor the heat is transferred into whatever hose you use to air up. Having the manifold separates the position of the Quick Connect from the actual compressor. The heat is then not transferred into the hose.

We try to use Quick Connect push fittings before but we could not find ones that was rated high enough temperature that would actually last. The ones that we tried the hoses melted.

I use the MORRFlate quad hose system connected directly to the compressor. I inflate 4 tires at once from 12-15psi to 41psi. It takes less than 5 minutes.

The MORRFlate hose diameter is is 1/4" vs the ARB 1/8" and this seems to effectively dissipate the heat. While the ARB hose material is stronger/more durable, I find that the larger diameter of thge MORRFlate is much more efficient for my purposes.

I've used this +/- 10 times and can see no degradation in the hose or coupling yet. Will certainly keep an eye on it.

IMG_4318.jpg

Has anyone mounted the power switch next to the compressor itself?

Seems like it would be easier than running wires through the firewall, mounting it to the dash, etc. Also, if you're opening the hood anyway to get to the coupler, why not have the switch there too? Seems like it would be more convenient if you're not running lockers, Switch Pros, etc.

I have the arb on/off switch mounted in the hole in the Slee bracket. I have also run it through the Switch-Pros, but agree with your logic. If I’m using the under hood coupler, the switch is right there. Now for people running remote air couplers (at bumpers, for example), the cab mounted switch might be more convenient (since they don’t need to open the hood).

Has anyone mounted the power switch next to the compressor itself?

Seems like it would be easier than running wires through the firewall, mounting it to the dash, etc. Also, if you're opening the hood anyway to get to the coupler, why not have the switch there too? Seems like it would be more convenient if you're not running lockers, Switch Pros, etc.
It gets hot around the compressor when you run it for a bit. I like having the separation when shutting it off.

With no plans for lockers or remote fittings I will put the ARB switch in the provided slot and avoid the firewall wiring/etc

If you air up a lot of tires the compressor will get really hot. If you have the Quick Connect mounted directly on the compressor the heat is transferred into whatever hose you use to air up. Having the manifold separates the position of the Quick Connect from the actual compressor. The heat is then not transferred into the hose.

We try to use Quick Connect push fittings before but we could not find ones that was rated high enough temperature that would actually last. The ones that we tried the hoses melted.

Ah. I see. So it is not the proximity of the hose to the compressor but the transfer from the compressor to the fittings. I had no idea that it got that hot. I haven't had that issue with my viair, but of course it takes 50% longer. Still, it doesn't get anywhere near hot enough to melt a hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom