HELP ME - Did I just fry my ECU??! HELP Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jesus Christ. Please help.

My drivers window stopped working, so I replaced the motor and regulator this evening. After that was done still, I could not get any movement even out of the new system. My window was stuck down in the winter time here, and I was in a bit of a panic, because I am forced to park in a public place with a window taped up now.

This is a long-winded way of the following: I pulled up the factory service manual and attempted to jump to wires that based on what it said, I believed, would cause the regulator to go up. What happened was I heard a loud pop and then a flash of light and then I was instantly unable to start the car

I then jumpstarted the car and was greeted with this lovely dashboard display. All of these lights are new. I was also unable to move the car out of park until I use the shifter override. all engine fuses look good and the ODB fuse also looks good. How ****ed am I

IMG_8869.jpeg

If the car is running then you haven’t fried the ECU.

Probably your best course of action is to plug in techstream and see what comes up

If the car is running then you haven’t fried the ECU.

Probably your best course of action is to plug in techstream and see what comes up
Thank you. I can sleep tonight lol. Is there a recommended tech stream product that I can get maybe on Amazon?

Sounds like you attempted to jump with the regulator harness connected.

There's are 40 amp power fuse/link in the main power supply that feeds the relay for the power window master SW

Disconnect the battery for a bit and see if that clears out everything.

When in doubt, unplug it for a while, then plug it back in and hit the ol restart button. Works on my laptop and phone, everytime.

I think I blew out the cowl side l/h junction block if I had to guess. I’ll update. It’s getting towed to the shop soon

So it was 2 fuses (I only ID’d one) both ECU fuses.

Side note. Wiring harness for the window needs to be repaired. shop quoted me $550 to pull the harness/inspect/repair. Worth it or do it myself?

Harness has been repaired, all is working now. Thanks for helping me through my little meltdown everyone! ha. not a car genius I guess... on to the next thing now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom