Broken Rear Passenger Window Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO jerry rigged the strut which holds the rear door open. Due to this, rear window did not slide all the way down. Unaware of this, I opened the rear door and the entire glass shattered in my face.

Where can I source a new window for the rear passenger? And how bad is it to install yourself?

Also are the windows the same on 98-07?

There is difference of tint, from 2004 to 2007 tint is different. 2003 has bronze tint. I am not sure what is the tint color from 1998 to 2002. Best thing is to find on Toyota website, type in your year and find out the part number and then search that part number on internet.
Or go to eBay and type in your year and find a nice used one. Installing the rear was a bit trickier than the front window but can be done at home. Some require pinch sensor resetting the window motor. I have a video of that on how to do it.
A few years ago someone broke my front passenger window and installation was easy but cleaning glass shards with vacuum cleaner took more time than installing the window.

Having trouble finding the correct tint for my 99. Ordered the “factory privacy tint” which was too black. Then replaced it with the clear/green and that one was too clear and didn’t match as well. I took the clear window to a tint shop and they told me that they wouldn’t be able to tint it to match because I have mural like bronze tinted windows. I wasn’t aware that the 99’s had bronze tinted windows? Is anyone aware of what the tint is on 99’s? Toyota dealership was no help either

Also what is the difference in solar vs w/o solar?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom