Help identifying sliding windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked these up on KSL Classifieds. They were advertised as FJ40 sliding windows. When I got there he told me they came out of a South American Landcruiser? I’m not familiar with any of the now discontinued sliding side windows so I figured I would roll the dice. Can anyone help me identify these? I need to know where I can get gaskets for them to install in my ‘72. Sorry the pics suck from the bed of my truck. The corner glass looks great and will be for sale soon as will the stock side windows from my truck. Thx in advance for the help. I can get more pics in the morning if it helps. The third one is the words etched on the sliders and the last one is the etching from the corner glass.

IMG_7038.jpeg

IMG_7039.jpeg

IMG_7040.jpeg

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

Slider’s were sold by SOR for a few years if I remember correctly, price was very reasonable also.

The radius in the corners looks different than what they should be. Maybe it's just a detail in later windows, or maybe early windows IDK.
You can barely see it on the lower front corner here.
20230704_200801.jpg

Most likely a hard top made in SA. Curved glass would probably easier to buy from Toyota than having produced locally. Flat glass would be easier to source.

Well that sucks if they aren’t compatible. I’ll have to disassemble them and see what the window opening looks like.

hi there. new here. not very computer savvy. your red sides look like fiberglass to me. I think the same top is listed currently on Craig’s list Seattle. also has interesting information on the subject. I have been looking for sliding windows as well. Australian 40s have what I want. Maybe someone can post the cl add. 😎✌️

IMG_0077.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom