Heater Duct - Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been attempting to reinstall a front heater in a 67 FJ40 and the heater duct I have doesn't have the rubber gasket that is used to mate the duct to the firewall inside the cabin. I looked on various vendors sites and don't see this gasket sold, so I am guessing it is considered part of the duct.

Has anyone found a source for this gasket or a workaround. I have the sleeve to attach to the heater as they are available aftermarket but no luck yet on the other end of the duct.

s-l225.jpg

It's a duct, so... I don't know... DUCT TAPE maybe? :D

I have not seen that part listed anywhere either. Might be a part Racer65 could make?
Where did you source the other end from?

I have been attempting to reinstall a front heater in a 67 FJ40 and the heater duct I have doesn't have the rubber gasket that is used to mate the duct to the firewall inside the cabin. I looked on various vendors sites and don't see this gasket sold, so I am guessing it is considered part of the duct.

Has anyone found a source for this gasket or a workaround. I have the sleeve to attach to the heater as they are available aftermarket but no luck yet on the other end of the duct.

View attachment 1226703

If this is what you are looking for, I have a piece of OEM new old stock. PM me if you want to buy it.
IMG_7772.JPG
IMG_7773.JPG

It's the other end that I need - looks like a rubber lip. You need something there to get duct to line up correctly.

Racer65 thanks, but I have the part you posted. I bought an aftermarket sleeve from SOR. It's not formed rubber like OME. Hoping it works out okay if not, I will be back in touch.

Last edited:
I used the flat rubber sheet method. It let me make the thing a little longer than the stock part...made it easier to slip it over one side, then the other and position it just right. The stock one was just barely long enough to overlap the duct on each side

Care to elaborate on this flat sheet method? I just had eye surgery and all I can do today is pester MUD folks.
Did you take a flat sheet of rubber and glue it?
What kind of rubber? How thick?

Get a duct from a newer model and you will not need the rubber part.

Not not sure I seen a picture of a newer model. This weekend will attempt a home made solution. Will post pics.

Not not sure I seen a picture of a newer model. This weekend will attempt a home made solution. Will post pics.

This is what a slightly newer one looks like:

c2bb72e3afa39149062d891547d2a84a.image.200x81.jpg

Care to elaborate on this flat sheet method? I just had eye surgery and all I can do today is pester MUD folks.
Did you take a flat sheet of rubber and glue it?
What kind of rubber? How thick?

I did this and it came out well. I will take some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom