FJ40 Heater box and blower replacement gasket review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steffan

SILVER Star
Threads
not affiliated in any means but figured I'd put it up for anyone looking in the future. I purchased this set off eBay (PartsPuzzle) from the Netherlands. I'll go through the set as I applied them.
Here is the blower gasket along the firewall. first compared to the original and then on the unit. Everything was self adhesive which made assembly easy.
In some of the pictures the edges look wavy/ uneven but that's just distortion on the camera.
let me know if you have any questions

tempImage0jwd0q.png

tempImageFWPtbv.png

tempImages1CEek.png

there was a larger piece of foam, in the form of a large square outline... presumably for different year heater box? at any rate, I used a section to duplicate the original top seal

tempImageqdOUsW.png

tried to get some shots of the fit once assembled but you can't really see much. the heater core was nice and snug inside and all the doors sealed well.
when I started this project, I tried to find replacement foam but quickly became overwhelmed with the varieties and options. then, when I found something I thought would work the quantities I had to buy were far greater than what I needed.
this set wasn't cheap but I figured after I spent all the time ordering and cutting to match, it was probably worth the money.
Everything in this set felt like good quality material and it all fit perfectly - made for a really easy way to complete the project.... so in the end I'm happy.
Hope this helps someone in the future.

tempImageOsu9lA.png

tempImageJbyP1w.png

tempImageLO1BKv.png

tempImageaeHINJ.png

the foam you used for the heater flaps looks different from the stuff you used for the heater core and blower refresh. what kids of foam did you use in the heater itself?

I think I answered your question in the other thread but let me know if you need more info/ pictures

I saw this set on eBay and wondered if it was something to investigate further….obviously yes ! Thanks for the great review and pictures

This arrived from Europe about 8 days too late…. (Long story)
It is an excellent kit but as noted, a little expensive….but likely a once in 25 year need

IMG_1802.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom