Heartfelt adieu to the CSC and Arizona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s time to bid a heartfelt adieu to the CSC and Arizona. My boys are at an age where moving isn’t a crisis and both sets of grandparents are in Idaho. So, we’ve sold the Chandler house and are moving to Boise at the end of the month.
It’s a bittersweet moment for me. I’ve been in Arizona for 24 years and consider it my second home. I’ll miss the sunshine, winters, and, most importantly, the friends I’ve made while living here. I hope you don’t mind if I post from time to time and share my new adventures with old friends.
I don’t want to make this a long weepy good-by fest but I wanted to say thanks to some specific people who have helped me along the way. All I consider close friends who would drop what they were doing and rescue my broke ass in the bush if they could. I’ll miss that feeling of support and friendship. I can only hope that my friendship means as much to you as it does to me.
I know I’ll forget many who lended a hand without expecting anything in return. I apologize and thank you just the same.

Brian - You helped me with my first venture in the world of 4WD and off-roading when I purchased Chris’s 90 4Runner. Your hours of patient instruction and help installing lockers, suspension lifts, and part from the many bins that make up your garage, are appreciated. Thanks for the help, friendship, and advice you have provided.
Kevin - When I purchased my cruiser you help me evaluate the damage it had sustained and provide timely advice. Since then you’ve taken time to help me with everything from castor correction, tips on trailer suspensions, and track selection. All without expecting anything in return. Kevin is a great resource and the club is lucky to have him.
Phil - I’m in your debt. You took an entire Saturday to help me assemble and weld my rear bumper. I’ve never repaid you. Thanks for the advice and help you’ve provided over the years.
Eric - We are lucky to have a friendly advocate at a local dealership. I’ll miss having a “friend at the factory.”
To Josh, Brandon, Jackson, Scott, Rob, Carl, Spencer, Dan, Don, Cook, John, Jim, and a others, you are friends who will always be welcome around my fire, and the accompanying peach cobbler. I look forward to seeing you again and hope our trails cross often.
Be well my friends and look me up when you are in my neighborhood.

good luck :cheers:

I still remember the late night dutch oven peach cobbler a few years back at the Fossil creek clean up - that was a real fun evening and good company.

Please keep in touch and post up when you can. Idaho is such a outdoor person's paradise - I am sure you and your family are looking forward to getting back there.

:cheers: to a class guy~

Best of luck Brittan.:cheers:

I'm sure Idaho Doug will relearn you how to wheel in Itheho.:rolleyes:

Get to prepping, rookie.:hillbilly:

Think it's only been a couple of times, but I will always remember cobbler in Turkey Creek:), and the bummer of a sleeping bag putting a "damper" on your overnight stay:frown:.
All the best.:cheers:

Best of luck Brittan. Idaho is one of our favorite states. Post up occasionally and let us know how you're
keeping.

To the next leg of your adventure! It has been a distinct pleasure Brittan to share the trail and campsite with you. Rest assured I'll be putting your old smoker to good use each football season. Hope our paths cross in the future.
Cheers,
Norm

All the best to you and your family, winter has a different feel in Idaho.

Brittan,

I'm going to miss meeting you for lunch all the time and you showing me new adventurous places to eat. You are a great friend. Thanks for taking time to come see me after my accident. I'll miss you buddy.

Scott

goodbye man, you helped me so much with my cruiser and build up, the countless hours you spent welding up my labs bumper and spare carrier. Hey, dont forget about when our kids got caught up in the jumping cactus on a trail run and we went running to the rescue. Good times. Enjoy Idaho.

So long, Friend, for now! Looking at our past history I am sure our adventure paths will cross again, many times. I will definitely make it up to Idaho to visit once you are settled in and Moab is probably almost halfway between us.

We always have Camp Drabo as a rendezvous spot and I wouldn't mind MTBing White Rim Trail again or taking dirt bikes up through Onion Creek to Rose Garden Hill! I'll keep you updated about our final raft trip down the Colorado thru the Grand Canyon as well. We can use a seasoned Camp Chef and probably will have you show us some Idaho rivers we can use to brush up on our whitewater skills.

Thank YOU for being there whenever I've needed a hand, your computer expertise or help in preparing for everything from the future apocalypse to the Baja 500! I'm sure Darcy blames me for getting you into 4 wheeling, but I think she has accepted our need for adventure, knowing you will pass it on to your boys, and that's a GOOD thing!

Take care, brother.

Oh, BTW, the peach cobbler is good, but I am privileged to have consumed your cherry cobbler on a couple of occasions!

Last edited:
Think it's only been a couple of times, but I will always remember cobbler in Turkey Creek:), and the bummer of a sleeping bag putting a "damper" on your overnight stay:frown:.
All the best.:cheers:

Ditto

Good luck Brittan! A friend just moved to Pocatello and he is loving it. He was here last week telling me about his "backyard" making me insanely jealous. Just a few hours away from the Tetons, Wind River Range, etc.

Darn! That Sure Went Fast! I was just thinking of the impending move...

You will be missed. Best of Luck...

Sam's gonna wonder where Colin and Porter went.

Brittan
i wish you all the best in your new surroundings. It seems like you are doing the right thing for all of your family. Your entire family will benefit from this move.

I think saying goodbye is not really what is meant here. You will be changing locations, but will always be keystrokes, away from all of your friends here. I really hope you stay in touch with us. We will need lots of pics from your new homeland and adventures. Thanks for being a good friend, no sense in stopping that now ;)
Don

Happy trails my friend. Keep up the good work with the scouts!

Brittan, I don't think we've met, but I'd love to have your recipe for Dutch oven peach cobbler! It could be your AZ legacy, and I'll call it Brittan Cobler when we make it on CSC camp outs. Take care,

Brittan, I don't think we've met, but I'd love to have your recipe for Dutch oven peach cobbler! It could be your AZ legacy, and I'll call it Brittan Cobler when we make it on CSC camp outs. Take care,

Youre hired! :hillbilly:

We all talk about a better life for our family and following our dreams but you my friend did it! Good things happen for good people and you are proof. I wish you the best on your new path for you and your family. I will look forward to visiting you in Idaho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom