The Historic Butterfield Overland Trail in Arizona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stepmurr

Lookin' fer the end of that old white line
SILVER Star
Threads

Arizona State Land Department

January 24 at 1:01 PM ·
Historian Gerald Ahnert, UofA student Mary Todd, with assistance from our own Jenna Leveille (AZ Deputy State Cartographer) & Helen Erickson (UofA), have been collaborating on the development of a story map history of the #ButterfieldTrail.

1707191298902.png

ive actually driven quite a bit of it, well whats available to drive, still lots left to see out there, remnants of the stops, remnants of tried-to-be-towns, masacre sites, you name it.

Arizona State Land Department

January 24 at 1:01 PM ·
Historian Gerald Ahnert, UofA student Mary Todd, with assistance from our own Jenna Leveille (AZ Deputy State Cartographer) & Helen Erickson (UofA), have been collaborating on the development of a story map history of the #ButterfieldTrail.

View attachment 3551554

That is super cool – – thank you for posting.

My great great great grandfather traveled that trail in 1846/47-- or at least parts of it---all the way to San Diego. I have hiked a small section of it that is now in one of the monuments. I would like to see more of it.

Jared

Very interesting. Old maps - what's included, what's not included, the evolution of place and river names - are fascinating to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom