headliner project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
My interior restomod project is underway. I just had the sunroof deleted, and metal in its place. Body shop did pretty good!
Im looking for an option on my headliner. I have the old one with the factory sunroof, but now I dont have a sunroof. I need a headliner, but not sure how to proceed. Any help from you guys on a sweet headliner option would be SUPER APPRECIATED

To start it would help if you told us what year truck you're working on. The 95 to 97 trucks came with a one piece head liner, so you might be able to order one of those for a truck that didn't come equipped with a sun roof, that is if that part hasn't been discontinued. As for the 91 to 94 trucks, i seem to remember that the head liner for those trucks are now NLA, but i could be wrong.

Last edited:
To start it would help if you told us what year truck you're working on. The 95 to 97 trucks came with a one piece head liner, so you might be able to order one of those for a truck that didn't come equipped with a sun roof, that is if that part hasn't been discontinued. As for the 91 to 94 trucks, i seen to rember that the head liner for those trucks are now NLA, but i could be wrong.
apologies... 95. did the USA even get any without a sunroof?

Could you keep the sliding door for the sunroof and turn that extra area into storage??

Other than a useless sliding cover, what's holding you back from re-installing the original headliner? That seems like the cheapest and easiest option while maintaining an original-looking interior.

Could you keep the sliding door for the sunroof and turn that extra area into storage??

I have alway thought it would be a great storage spot for maps or other large flat items.

You can essentially patch that hole and reupholster the headliner. Any good auto upholstery shop can do this for you. Maybe some fine alcantara is coming your way! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom