HD skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Downey very interested! Plz PM me details when your ready

I need a plate myself. My rig is a 75' with the exhaust in the factory location. I need one compatible with PTO gearbox and shaft.

@Downey plate compatible with stock exhaust and PTO Winch?

Sounds like a stock skid plate would be your best option. It would be a gamble if you have clearance above the HD skid plate for the exhaust to keep it far enough from the PTO. Maybe someone will post a picture of the front edge of the HD plate mounted to see if it looks like you have clearance.

Sounds like a stock skid plate would be your best option. It would be a gamble if you have clearance above the HD skid plate for the exhaust to keep it far enough from the PTO. Maybe someone will post a picture of the front edge of the HD plate mounted to see if it looks like you have clearance.
I've probably got a few still on some trucks. Probably be better to crawl under there while its cold and get one before the snakes and wasps come out. Here is the exhaust routing for reference.

20201210_152328.jpg

Off road rocky terrain would certainly want that tail pipe above the bottom of the frame (i.e. above the skid plate). Look at the photos on post #29 above, you'll see the front edge is notched-out for front drive shaft clearance. Normally you'd notch-out the other side to clear an exhaust pipe. We leave that up to the installer since some Chevota guys run dual exhaust outside the frame rails.

I have one with the stock exhaust myself.
0007.JPG

I run PTO winches on most my 40 series but this one have a Borg Warner transmission and transfer case. Has a spot for a PTO on the side of the transmission but never looked to find a PTO for it. My 79 FJ40 working on gathering everything to run a PTO winch. That requires routing the exhaust over the frame verses under the frame like US had 1/79-7/80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom