Has anyone put FJ60 rear seat fabric on a 62 seat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to come up with a way of putting headrests in my back seat without having to buy seats. I have a gray 62 rear seat back and I'd like to swap my classy brown vinyl upholstery onto it.
Has anyone tried this before?
Are there any differences other than the headrest mounts?

Thanks.

Yes, I did the exact same thing in my 60 - used a 62 rear upper frame, foam and head rests, and installed my 60 fabric. Only change is cutting the holes for the head rests.

Find "Hog Rings" and pliers before you start. Way easier to cut the old crappy hog rings and use SS, and the special pliers make it really easy.

The only difference is the better color I used... ;)

P1090876.JPG

Awesome, thanks! That's what I needed to know.

I won't have a use for it. Do you need one?

I could not find a 62 seat back to use so I cut up an old set of front seats and removed the headrest slider tubes and welded them into my 60 seat back. Of course I had to remove the upholstery to do the welding. Once I re-covered (using hog rings and hog ring pliers) All that was needed was to cut holes in the fabric, slide in the plastic tubes and install my headrests. Check my Turdle build (in signature) for details on how I did it.

I'm interested in those seat skins, guess I'm 2nd in line.

i need them for the front seats, if you need a rear seat cover you get first dibs, I've been leaning towards the sor vinyl seat covers anyways

Yes, I did the exact same thing in my 60 - used a 62 rear upper frame, foam and head rests, and installed my 60 fabric. Only change is cutting the holes for the head rests.

Find "Hog Rings" and pliers before you start. Way easier to cut the old crappy hog rings and use SS, and the special pliers make it really easy.

The only difference is the better color I used... ;)

View attachment 1131729

I am in the middle of this swap and how did you remove the plastic trim pieces that the headrests mount into? I only had a couple of seconds and I could figure out if you just pop them out or if there's a tab or... Thanks!

Two ways to do remove the plastic trim pieces;

First - Just pry them out. But 50/50 chance you break the locking tabs off removing them.

Second - Start removing the seat back fabric to expose the plastic trim parts. Then squeeze the tabs to remove them.

Second is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom