New Product - FJ60/62 - 60 series - Rear Seat Latch Replacement - Machined aluminum (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! I am glad that everyone is happy with them! Let’s see some i installed photos!

IMG_1792.jpeg

Don’t want to derail the thread too much. Just got in my levers today and I’m really impressed with the quality. I took the first steps to what I think is the way to get the old ones out, but I’m hitting some snags. Does this bracket need to come off to swap out the handles or do I need to take off the entire backing?

I’ve nearly stripped one of the screws already, these suckers are in there tight, so I’ve got it soaking in PB blaster for a minute.

View attachment 3487094
Don’t want to derail the thread too much. Just got in my levers today and I’m really impressed with the quality. I took the first steps to what I think is the way to get the old ones out, but I’m hitting some snags. Does this bracket need to come off to swap out the handles or do I need to take off the entire backing?

I’ve nearly stripped one of the screws already, these suckers are in there tight, so I’ve got it soaking in PB blaster for a minute.
Try taking the bracket off on the side and see if it will slide out. When i took mine out i didn’t recall that putting pressure on the bar. Might have to weld a nut on that one screw to get it out.

i ended up taking my seats fully apart and powder coating everting. its was $600 to PC it all satin black. 53 pieces!!!

Last edited:
I must have missed it when i was packing your bag. Sorry. I thought there was one.

I’ll send you a set :)
Nah I was just being a pain in the ass. I don't need you to send me any. I do did the branded mailer and logo, nice work!

The 20% new product discount last until December 1st! These will be going up to $150 get a set sooner than later to grab the discount!

how to buy:

Direct message
- email
- name
-address
-phone

Bump - sale closes 12/1/23 - i have 4 sets left at lower price point.

So sounds like there is a slight difference is some late model FJ62's - the main lever still fits however the seat side of the mechanism is a tad different. Can Mud Members please post up the stock FJ62 latch for a few reference photos? I am also willing to offer a set at reduced cost if someone will ship me the FJ62 bracket. Please PM me if you are willing to send the part to me for a few weeks.

Here are some photos from @joebattle1

72308967800__BC3D553B-D3DE-447D-B77B-E384B5841747.jpeg

72309042594__F9EFC15A-3226-4B19-BB3D-B7D3C8C7DA70.jpeg

72314101784__17DA8AC4-668F-4EB8-A08C-D3BB90794BF8.jpeg

IMG_0254.jpeg

So sounds like there is a slight difference is some late model FJ62's - the main lever still fits however the seat side of the mechanism is a tad different. Can Mud Members please post up the stock FJ62 latch for a few reference photos? I am also willing to offer a set at reduced cost if someone will ship me the FJ62 bracket. Please PM me if you are willing to send the part to me for a few weeks.

Here are some photos from @joebattle1

View attachment 3497128

View attachment 3497129

View attachment 3497130

View attachment 3497131
Keep in mind I’m a September of 85 60 not a 62. I think a lot of small changes happened in August of 85.

Keep in mind I’m a September of 85 60 not a 62. I think a lot of small changes happened in August of 85.
Ahh i misunderstood. I designed this around fj60 Jan 1987 parts. Maybe the older years are what’s different. Even so i would like pictures/parts from an age range to solve this for good.

Bump - 17 total sets left. Get them while i have them.

Thanks,

Fwh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom