Hand Throttle installation 96 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A coworker called me in a panic one day this week while he was out to lunch (at the liquor store) and his 2019 Dodge wouldn't start.

I hustled over to help him, checked voltage on his battery and it was low. This is his DD and it was 105°F outside soni recommended that he get a new battery since it was the original.

So, I suggested we jump start it and head to the part store.
So, I opened my door, pressed on the gas pedal, locked my throttle and got out my cables.

I hooked it up and told him we'd let it charge for a minute or two.

He looked at me funny and asked "How did you get the RPM to stay up like that on your truck?"

I was happy he noticed!

I smiled and told him I have a throttle lock. It was a factory option and I bought one and installed it. The beauty of these world vehicles are all the options we have available for them.

Good job.

I use mine also to keep rpm up on hot summer days...when stopped somewhere with AC on (I.E. waiting on the wife to come out of the grocery store).

Handy on cold days too when the windshield needs to be defrosted. Set heater on defrost, start vehicle, run at 1500 rpm and go back into the house. Vehicle will be nice and warm and windshield defrosted in 10 minutes or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom