GX470 Wheel/Tire/Lift Picture Combination Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone running pro comp 97 series steelies?

Send pics!

I wanted those at first, but they weren't in stock when I ordered. They ended replacing with the Pro Comp 69 alloy at the same price. Ordered online at Discount Tire.

How do you have your TRD grill lights wired in? I've been contemplating wiring in 2 relays to turn the TRD grill lights on with either the headlights or the daytime running lights.

Anyone running pro comp 97 series steelies?

Send pics!

I just installed a set. I had to clearance my brake calipers or run a 1/4" spacer.

20220109_165238.jpg

I'm running 255/75/17
Looks good! Someone correct me if i'm wrong, I'm running spider trax spacers...so I assume those would work fine for the necessary caliper clearance as they are 1.25 in spacers, correct? I'd be running them with 285/75/17 tires

Looks good! Someone correct me if i'm wrong, I'm running spider trax spacers...so I assume those would work fine for the necessary caliper clearance as they are 1.25 in spacers, correct? I'd be running them with 285/75/17 tires
Post pictures when you get em on!

Got a new set of wheels and tires this weekend. Truck is stock ride height with the Red Dog Fabrication front bumper. Wheels are KMC Dirty Harry's, in 17x9 -12 Offset. Tires are Goodyear Duratrac 255/75 17's.

Even with the running boards removed there was still just a tiny bit of rubbing (Drivers side only) on the fender cap left over from their removal. I removed this tab on the inboard side of this cap, and anticipate I'll have the smallest amount of rubbing on the fender liner next to the end of that tab I cut off. Time will tell.

Untitled by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

Untitled by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

CF57AD01-9329-4582-96F1-3BD698C543B4.JPG
TRD Pro wheels wrapped in Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws (265/70/17)

I originally subscribed to this thread for some inspirations on which wheels, tires, and lift kits to pair with my GX470, and decided to go with the TRD Pro wheels. I just couldn't resist the price point of these wheels compared to other aftermarket wheels. Also, I can stick to somewhat of an OEM+ theme.

I'm currently waiting on the Eibach Stage 1 Lift Kit, which has been backordered for quite a while... I'm thinking of getting rid of the running boards since the passenger side running board's mounting points seem to have been beat up and the center and rear brackets are bent. I'll be doing some more research on rock sliders in the meantime.

OK I need some advice, I love the way the matte black wheels look but can't tell if they just look best on the white or lighter GX's. Any advice on what color/style to go with? (pre-lift)

my GX470 mar8.png

OK I need some advice, I love the way the matte black wheels look but can't tell if they just look best on the white or lighter GX's. Any advice on what color/style to go with? (pre-lift)

View attachment 2946906
Personally, I think that matte black on a gloss black truck doesn't look good. If you're gonna do black I would do gloss or semi gloss. A dark gunmetal grey also looks really good on black in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom