Group help on valuation... Yes, that time is coming :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well been a bit now and have had a few tire kickers, not much else though. Funniest thing has been that my coworkers that I have worked with for the past 6yrs all have come up to me, very concerned for my mental health and well-being.
Them: Are you ok Greg?
Me: Yeah?! Why, what's up?
Them: You're selling the Land Cruiser!! Are you sure you're ok?!
Me: Yeah.... well it is kinda that time. Not super hard trying to sell it but just kinda putting it out there. Probably will more actively try around the beginning of the year.
Them: No seriously... We know you love your truck. Are you sure you're ok???? Like you and <wife> are doing alright, right?? You're not having a mid-life crisis at 40 are you?!
Me: What?! No... we are fine, I am fine... Geez, Yes I love my truck. No, I don't WANT to sell it. But circumstances have changed. Trailer in the future, yada yada yada...
Them: Ok, just wanted to make sure.
Me: Thanks. I appreciate it. But I am good...
** coworker starts to walk away... gets a few feet then turns around and comes back **
Them: **gives me hug and whispers in my ear** If you're not ok, it's fine. If she <wife> is hurting you or something, you know you can talk with (us).

Seriously, I think I have had some variation of that conversation with at least 20 people I know in the last couple weeks. Love my work family, they are thicker than blood at times.

Obviously, you have problems. Sometimes, those close by, but not intimately close see things "We" don't see, or don't want to see! If you feel the Mud family can be of any help...Please ignore anything we say!

Good luck with the sale of likely the best vehicle you will ever own, and the premature mid-life crisis! :flipoff2:

I’m not there yet.

To get you ready for it being posted on Craigslist...I’ll trade you a broken electric weed eater and $260 CASH for it!

See now I know that is not your REAL offer. You didn't cross your arms and make that smacking sound between your teeth and say.... Hmmm..... so youre asking how much for it? *smacking sound* How's 'bout this...":hillbilly:

Very true, but do they actually sell?
I see plenty of pretty stupidly priced "show trucks" from big companies *cough* Icon *Cough* etc that people buy. Someone with deep pockets will buy it. They have a bit of a cult nostalgia thing going right now. My insurance company valued my old FJ60 wrecked from a DUI driver at 14k and It had zero undented panels with rust.

So have had the $10k sticker on the truck for about a month now. Mind you I have not posted on FB, Craigslist or on here for sale and have had a few tire kickers. Most are older guys, give me a thumbs up on the road or will follow me to a parking lot to ask me questions. Most conversations are "Asking $10k huh?" and then start talking about the cruiser. Strangely enough no one has thrown out a number which to me would show little interest? Thoughts?

You've had a good run with the build. Be patient. It's not 2020 yet.

Last edited:
Funny enough, I got stopped twice yesterday by people asking me about it. Seems like $10k may be on their radar for a bit much but then again that is just looking at the truck as I drive by. And that is only from the window stickers.

Also realized that my writing is a bit on the small side so I need to redo the stickers to better see at least my phone number..

There’s a population of people who recognize an fj60 but know very little about them and have no clue about the market. That group is the one who will be blown away by a $10,000 asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom