Grant Steering wheel conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
According to Grant's website, their p/n 3593 is the conversion for a 74+ column to swap on a Grant wheel....

kewl...

but, what dish depth? Looks like handful fall in the 2-1/4 to 3" range....anyone with input on this? figgering a 13 - 14" diameter (stock FJ40 is 17")

(damn sick of the schoolbus wheel on there now, and with hydro assist, the monster size isnt needed...plus a padded wheel will provide a little added gription AND be less painful on the noggin should I bump it :D )

I love my Grant wheel and it looks like it should be there if you know what I mean. Depth of the wheel is approx 2.5". I just picked out the wheel on the wall I liked at Seco, they got the adapter from behind the counter and out the door I went for approx $175 IIRC.

Not to hijack, but does anyone know the Grant part number for the pre-69 install kit? They don't list it on their website, but Specter sells one. I suppose I could just buy it from Marv, but if I can get it at my local store...

no but do a search as this was recently discussed.

dgangle said:
no but do a search as this was recently discussed.

It was recently discussed only because I've asked the same question before with no response. I've searched.

interestingly, the boxes for Grant wheels show two different adapters....one for 75ish rigs and one for 78+ rigs....

not on their website tho...

AutoZone carries 4-5 variations of wheel, and I'm gonna hit AdvanceAuto after work....see what their selection is.

"Dish" isn't as critical a deal as I thought, looks like most are in the 2-3 range anyways, and that 1" won't matter.

e rock said:
Not to hijack, but does anyone know the Grant part number for the pre-69 install kit? They don't list it on their website, but Specter sells one. I suppose I could just buy it from Marv, but if I can get it at my local store...

I just got mine at SOR, the Grant part # 3163, SOR # 300-21A

65-fj45 said:
Then, your honor, let the record show this to be the correct part number. :)

75-86? = p/n 3593
72-74 = p/n 4579

from their website...all nice and searchable...tho the 3163 isn't shown...of course....

65-fj45 said:

Thank you!! Now to see what my parts drones can turn up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom