Good Source For Replacement FJ25 Chrome Light Rings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If your FJ25 is missing it's chrome light rings or the ones you have are just a ring of rusted metal, here's a good replacement. The original FJ25 ring is no longer avaliable, so I started checking into old Ford, Chevy, etc. rings to see if there was one that was close. The winner is the 1972-86 Jeep CJ7 Headlamp Bezel. It is the same diameter, and has exactly the same outter curve. The main differences are the inside of the Jeep ring has a sharper and slightly longer beveled edge, where the 25 ring has a more rounded edge. The Jeep ring is missing the clamp style tightening screw at the bottom and is fastenened with a machine screw going directly into the bib. To use these rings, you will have to drill 1- 1/16 hole into the bib at the bottom of the light ring and secure it with a #6 sheet metal screw.

Here's a site that carries the 1972-86 Jeep CJ7 headlamp bezel:
http://www.trailquest.com/jeeplights/cj.shtml
The part # on this site is 5460087 and the price is $12.95 each.
FJ25 CJ7 Light Rings.JPG

Last edited:
The outside curves. FJ25 on left / Jeep on right.
Outside curve.JPG

Inside edge of rings.
Inside bevel.JPG

The CJ7 ring has a hook at the top that will hook down onto the light base of the FJ25. I drilled a slot in my 40 base for the CJ light ring clip to go into.
CJ7 top hook.JPG

Last edited:
The bottom fasteners:
Bottom fastener.JPG

Side by side.
Ring profiles.JPG

LandCruiserSteve said:
Nice find, Gene. :cheers: Any particular year of CJ-7, or are they all the same??

Sorry steve, I just saw that info missing and editted it onto the first post. It's 1972-86, and the other years are very different.

Probably be able to get them in stainless or gold plate too. :D

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Probably be able to get them in stainless or gold plate too. :D

Well I found stainless................ but I want gold! :grinpimp:

Seriously, is any of the Jeep repro stuff better than the other? Most seemed to be coming from the Phillipines (not that I'd know anything about Jeep stuff ;) ) with mixed quality.

I have no idea where mine were made, but they've held up great for being about 15 years old.

This thread was started six years ago but question has come up lately on what to about missing head light rings so I thought I would bump it up to the front page.

Thanks you to Gene for finding this info.

I am assuming that you have to buy the retaining rings too that are associated with the trim?

I have a '69, and I personally like the look without bezel on this truck, so I decided to go trim rings. Personal preference. I bought the more expensive option of CJ trim rings on the market, from summit racing. These:

I was pleasantly surprised when I got them in my hands. These are high high quality cast units, super thick and heavy, not some cheep stamped Chinese garbage.

I did not have to do anything for install other than drill a 1/8" diameter hole in the bib for the bottom securing bolt. The top retaining tang grabs the threads on the top adjusting screw. I had to get new stainless screws as the provided screws were not long enough oddly, I got two #8 x 1.5" screws. The heads are too large to fit in the recess (the supplied screws look to be custom made with small diameter heads), so its not perfect, but will work for now.

Here are some photos. I would buy again.
IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2104.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG
IMG_2108.JPG

I have a '69, and I personally like the look without bezel on this truck, so I decided to go trim rings. Personal preference. I bought the more expensive option of CJ trim rings on the market, from summit racing. These:

I was pleasantly surprised when I got them in my hands. These are high high quality cast units, super thick and heavy, not some cheep stamped Chinese garbage.

I did not have to do anything for install other than drill a 1/8" diameter hole in the bib for the bottom securing bolt. The top retaining tang grabs the threads on the top adjusting screw. I had to get new stainless screws as the provided screws were not long enough oddly, I got two #8 x 1.5" screws. The heads are too large to fit in the recess (the supplied screws look to be custom made with small diameter heads), so its not perfect, but will work for now.

Here are some photos. I would buy again. View attachment 2885186View attachment 2885187View attachment 2885188View attachment 2885189View attachment 2885190View attachment 2885191View attachment 2885192View attachment 2885193
img_20210313_162130266_hdr-2-jpg.2613316.jpg
I put the same rings on my LV. I've had the less expensive chrome rings and these are worth the extra money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom