Gonna remove EGR to get that hot pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the hayull outta anywhere near my wires.
I’m not worried about gas mileage or any other concerns. I’m just worried for my wires.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, has anyone simply cut the pipe down low (remove front left wheel and starter to get low enough) and fill the stubby leftover pipe with JB weld then pinch the end of the pipe?
I realize I will need a plug plate up top at the air intake but that bottom connection looks like a pain to remove. So why not simply cut and plug?

All and any advice is greatly appreciated.
TIA

That would not be the best solution IMO. Either remove it (unbolt it) and block it off or just leave it in place than cover the harness with a split heat insulation sleeve. You can cover both the harness and the pipe with split (velcro closure) fiberglass/aluminized heat resistant sleeves. Quick and easy. Make sure also that the engine harness is not drooping down close/onto the EGR pipe.

the hayull outta anywhere near my wires.
I’m not worried about gas mileage or any other concerns. I’m just worried for my wires.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, has anyone simply cut the pipe down low (remove front left wheel and starter to get low enough) and fill the stubby leftover pipe with JB weld then pinch the end of the pipe?
I realize I will need a plug plate up top at the air intake but that bottom connection looks like a pain to remove. So why not simply cut and plug?

All and any advice is greatly appreciated.
TIA
If you disable the EGR, but leave the valve in place, the the valve never opens and does not allow that tube to get hot and your wires will not cook.

Otherwise, remove it all and install block-off plates.

I would suggest the keychains from Wits' End, but that may no longer be an option.

IMG_8098.jpeg

plugged at the exhaust side and block off plates at the other side. hudd expo fooler plugged in to the harness

Last edited:
If you disable the EGR, but leave the valve in place, the the valve never opens and does not allow that tube to get hot and your wires will not cook.

Otherwise, remove it all and install block-off plates.

I would suggest the keychains from Wits' End, but that may no longer be an option.
disable by shorting / using the EGR test plug?

The stuff on the passenger side is not EGR. It is PAIR. Yes, it emissions crap, but not directly related to the EGR.

I removed the PAIR and used the HUDD kit to disable the EGR. I also wrapped the harness in heat tape anyway. This was during a head gasket replacement, so I also cut a notch in the lower intake manifold so I didn't have to pull the harness if I ever have to do it again.

I removed the PAIR and used the HUDD kit to disable the EGR. I also wrapped the harness in heat tape anyway. This was during a head gasket replacement, so I also cut a notch in the lower intake manifold so I didn't have to pull the harness if I ever have to do it again.
I’m thinking seriously about removing all of it and saving the parts incase anyone ever needs it back on. Ya know….if they were gonna drive it “on road” again.

I’m thinking seriously about removing all of it and saving the parts incase anyone ever needs it back on. Ya know….if they were gonna drive it “on road” again.

It's pretty sweet to live in a state that doesn't require inspections.

I did it all to mt 94 too long ago to remember the specifics. But you can remove the pair system. Plug the airfilter hole with a freezeout plug. Plug the holes in the exhaust manifold by moving your O2 sensors there. Keeps them dry and fixed some codes my system was throwing. There is a oem Toyota plate for another vehicles that will bolt on to where the O2 sensors were and block that right off.

EGR i used the block off on the head but i had mine off doing a head gasket as PM. I think partof the system is hard to remove with the head still on but i cant remember.

The wiring harness can be removed/installed with the intake in place. Easier if you have 2 folks working on it. 1 push, 1 pull. Just send the connectors thru the gap a few at a time. btdt X 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom