Get any snow? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First flakes of the season falling now! Hope we get a good Winter.

Nada in town. Clear, sunny, 50*, and breezy.

Nada in town. Clear, sunny, 50*, and breezy.

Looked like it was sunny on the Sandias too. Just got back from North of Edgewood, it was really coming down and already covering the ground good.

Snow was forecast for Santa Fe overnight. I worked till 0500 and didn’t see a single flake. Oh well. This will be our first winter in Rio Rancho, interested to see how much we get our way. Off 550 near the armory.

Snow was forecast for Santa Fe overnight. I worked till 0500 and didn’t see a single flake. Oh well. This will be our first winter in Rio Rancho, interested to see how much we get our way. Off 550 near the armory.

Weather forecast are usually over-blown and exaggerated. The hype can be hard to read through. You need to remember … weather forecaster is one of the few professions where you can be wrong most of the time and still keep your job. TV weather folks tend to sensationalize the weather for ratings.

You can tell a real meteorolgist on tv by their use of "normal" vs. "average" in their discussion. Average is a point, an exact number. Normal is a range of values around that average.

More technically: Normal is a value inside the 1st standard deviation on the Bell Curve, the level where the inflection changes from concave down to concave up - about (as I recall) the 18% percentile from the ends. E.g. 5 degrees above average is typically still normal.

Too many fake weather personalities masquerading as meteorologists out there.
/rant

The storm went East of Albuquerque. We in the hill country of Texas got 1.7 inches of rain - a little over the forecast. They got some snow in Lubbock.

First flakes of the season falling now! Hope we get a good Winter.
I thought I was going to be extremely lucky and make it through framing and get dried in without any precipitation. Unfortunately, the day it snowed was the day they were supposed to put the roofing membrane on. It didn't happen. Thankfully, it wasn't much precipitation at the north end of Mountain Valley.

It's rarely more than a few inches in that area per snowfall, and usually only a few times a year. Occasionally you'll see more than a few inches, every few years.

In eager anticipation of snow wheeling season... right @Chompers ?

C6C9CAEE-A391-4A25-B5A6-DD1C7C6CFF64.jpeg

I’m eager to get out in the snow as well. There’s a label in english in the engine compartment of my van that says, “Snow Version” so let’s go!

I’m eager to get out in the snow as well. There’s a label in english in the engine compartment of my van that says, “Snow Version” so let’s go!

Just *try* to go to @Mauser 's house after it snows. That oughta be decent wheeling as his driveway is miles long!

Just *try* to go to @Mauser 's house after it snows. That oughta be decent wheeling as his driveway is miles long!

Haha. Looking pretty good now. Just got a call from the school to get the kids early because of the snow.

IMG_20191121_113602.jpg

Mini Me has been to Moab! Top of The World and Fins'N Things! .. i also have a 2nd set of wheels/tires for Snow Chains but I need to adjust the chains

Great snow up at the Jemez today.

1574463820774.png
1574463857220.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom