Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any plans of maybe putting a mylar type of material inside to actually help keep items colder?
That's a cool idea. I bet I could make a custom insert that one could add for that purpose... need to get a little traction on the actual bags themselves but will put that on the list, thanks!

I spent about an hour trying to install the dashboard accessory mount in my ‘14. No matter what I did, the plastic piece did not want to reinstall with the accessory mount attached. I could get the rear plastic tabs to insert back into the dash but the front did not want to. When I started with the front plastic tabs, the back would not insert. I did not stop to take any pictures.

Will reattemp once my frustration subsided/temps drop a bit.

I spent about an hour trying to install the dashboard accessory mount in my ‘14. No matter what I did, the plastic piece did not want to reinstall with the accessory mount attached. I could get the rear plastic tabs to insert back into the dash but the front did not want to. When I started with the front plastic tabs, the back would not insert. I did not stop to take any pictures.

Will reattemp once my frustration subsided/temps drop a bit.
on my 2009 LX, there were metal pins at the back of the accessory panel that needed to be bent, otherwise this would happen. Are there pins on the '14 panel?

I have the pins bent to 90 degrees. Redid everything again for my third and fourth attempt. Still looking like garbage. This time the back sits proud and the front corners are proud.

kat2iSx.jpg

Gap at the bottom front as seen from outside the vehicle:
0hiB2TQ.jpg

View from the front:
kxo97vl.jpg

All tabs have been bent to 90 degrees several times over"
cRfPIpz.jpg

Have you contacted Tim at Gamiviti? I have always found him to be very helpful and great to work with

I have the pins bent to 90 degrees. Redid everything again for my third and fourth attempt. Still looking like garbage. This time the back sits proud and the front corners are proud.

kat2iSx.jpg

Yours looks just like the picture of the 2008-2015 LC200 installation on the Gamiviti web site shown here:

1692189917031.png

That's why I have put off installing on my 2013 LC200 - doesn't look like it is even designed to fit well.

HTH

Yours looks just like the picture of the 2008-2015 LC200 installation on the Gamiviti web site shown here:

That's why I have put off installing on my 2013 LC200 - doesn't look like it is even designed to fit well.

HTH
That is correct, that fit is as good as it gets. This one took the longest to develop and that front edge/gap was the biggest struggle, but yes there are going to be small gaps on the edges. In most installs that's quickly covered by a radio head unit or tablet mount, but it still remains.. all of this fairly well documented earlier in this thread, and the pictures on the site.

kat2iSx.jpg

0hiB2TQ.jpg

View from the front:
kxo97vl.jpg

cRfPIpz.jpg
Sounds like you may be having the same issue I had on my 2008 LC. Whenever i clipped the back plastic in, the front would slightly rise up. Whenever I clipped the front clips in, the back clips wouldn't fully click. I blamed in on my 08 plastic maybe being slightly deformed from years of sun, or else the 50 plus times I installed, and un-installed this plate, maybe the plastic clips just didn't clip as secure as a new one. I debated buying a new factory speaker grill cover, but thought the issue could just as likely be the female portion down under the grill not grabbing the clips secure enough. Secondary issue was same as every early LC, the front edge I wished matched the curve of the truck.

Curve issue here was my "fix". Just a little strip piece of 1/8" rubber with some adhesive on the back. I'll probably try to get thinner rubber at some point but I notice it a lot less because at least it curves and covers that front gap.

IMG_3100.jpg

Now the bigger issue being that the clips wouldn't fully click in both the front and the back at the same time took me a lot longer to figure out as I couldn't find anybody else who'd had this issue. For this "fix" I sourced 2 longer bolts, and found there are 2 areas of factory plastic under the speaker towards the front edge that I was able to tap a couple threads into, then screw these 2 longer bolts into that to pull the front edge down. I'm over 6 months out and have had zero shakes or rattles or issues now. Basically saying i clipped the back edge in first (by the windshield), then used these 2 longer bolts to screw in the front edge. No pics of the underneath but if you look straight down while you have the plate out you can probably see the area I screwed into

IMG_3103.jpg

kat2iSx.jpg

0hiB2TQ.jpg

View from the front:
kxo97vl.jpg

cRfPIpz.jpg
Also 1 more though, the metal tabs if IRC, I bent more than 90 degrees to really lock the 2 pieces together

Does anyone have the dashboard mount they would like to sell? I’d be interested. 2011 LC

Haven't thought about that. Certainly no more than I paid for it. Passed through the area today. I'll try to look Friday, if not it'll be first of week.

Sounds like you may be having the same issue I had on my 2008 LC. Whenever i clipped the back plastic in, the front would slightly rise up. Whenever I clipped the front clips in, the back clips wouldn't fully click. I blamed in on my 08 plastic maybe being slightly deformed from years of sun, or else the 50 plus times I installed, and un-installed this plate, maybe the plastic clips just didn't clip as secure as a new one. I debated buying a new factory speaker grill cover, but thought the issue could just as likely be the female portion down under the grill not grabbing the clips secure enough. Secondary issue was same as every early LC, the front edge I wished matched the curve of the truck.

Curve issue here was my "fix". Just a little strip piece of 1/8" rubber with some adhesive on the back. I'll probably try to get thinner rubber at some point but I notice it a lot less because at least it curves and covers that front gap.

View attachment 3402758

Now the bigger issue being that the clips wouldn't fully click in both the front and the back at the same time took me a lot longer to figure out as I couldn't find anybody else who'd had this issue. For this "fix" I sourced 2 longer bolts, and found there are 2 areas of factory plastic under the speaker towards the front edge that I was able to tap a couple threads into, then screw these 2 longer bolts into that to pull the front edge down. I'm over 6 months out and have had zero shakes or rattles or issues now. Basically saying i clipped the back edge in first (by the windshield), then used these 2 longer bolts to screw in the front edge. No pics of the underneath but if you look straight down while you have the plate out you can probably see the area I screwed into

View attachment 3402771
How thick is that rubber strip? Mine is the same and need to cover that gap.

for those of you following this thread... thank you again for your continued support. So I just got in a batch of keychains, if you're going to Cruise Moab you'll get one of these in your registration packet.

View attachment 3262206
View attachment 3262207

I know, yeah, it's just a keychain. but hey if anyone wants one just PM me your address... you can even specify white or teal. No need to post up, I'll delete this post when/if I start running low. thanks again all, more stuff to come soon I promise! :cheers:
Hello!! So, I just purchased a Gamviti dash mount for my 200 series Land cruiser. I am wondering which size yak attack mighty mount will work with it. I ordered the XL ( which is the exact product on Amazon that the link on the Gamviti site directs you to. However the Yak Attack mount is 9 inches long and it appears that the holes do not line up. I’m wondering if the 6 inch, or another size, will work better.

Hello!! So, I just purchased a Gamviti dash mount for my 200 series Land cruiser. I am wondering which size yak attack mighty mount will work with it. I ordered the XL ( which is the exact product on Amazon that the link on the Gamviti site directs you to. However the Yak Attack mount is 9 inches long and it appears that the holes do not line up. I’m wondering if the 6 inch, or another size, will work better.
I responded to your email also... 3 sets of holes should line up on that 9" rail, here's a pic:
Gamiviti_speakeraccy9.jpg

2 Questions for those using Gamiviti racks and accessories.

1. Is there a trick for mounting anything that requires a bolt through the top plate and then a series of washers and nuts to be slid over the bolt, that doesn’t involve inverting gravity. I can barely get these done on the rear plate where the grab rail is not in the way. Once you add the grab rail into the picture, there is no chance my meat hoofs can get in there and hold all three parts while I try to screw in the bolt. ive tried using a clamp to hold the part that also has to be fixed in place with no help from gravity, but I still made little progress after fidgeting with it for 20-30 min.

2. When I mounted my rack I specifically tried to mount it so in most cases I’d be using the center set of screws on the mount plates so I’d have more options when it came to mounting things to the plates, since it seemed most things fit the groups of holes on either side.

(Like on the left)

IMG_7043.jpeg

What I’ve found is that this interferes with any of the under mount stuff. Do people use longer bolts and spacers (stacked washers?) to clear the interference between brackets (like the awning rack arms) so they can still use the underside of the mount plate? Or do you take a grinder to the accessories?

maybe mounting to these locations (under the mount plates) isn’t super common, but looking for some kind of trick to get this figured out.

Thanks!

1. Sometimes I'll take a bolt and poke it up from the bottom, through the accessory, then stack my washers onto it and slide it into the rack plate. Then squeeze them together, allow the inverted bolt to drop out, then put a bolt in from the top, while holding all of the washers in position. Other times to get things reset I'll poke my allen wrench down into the slot and wiggle all of the washers around so they're somewhat concentric again... then squeeze it together long enough to put the bolt back in.

2. When the tower is in the center of the plate, you can "share" that outside bolt with both the tower and accessory, using a couple washers to stack up to the level you need. I do this in the rack receiver video, at around the 10:00 mark.

hope that helps! :cheers:

1. Sometimes I'll take a bolt and poke it up from the bottom, through the accessory, then stack my washers onto it and slide it into the rack plate. Then squeeze them together, allow the inverted bolt to drop out, then put a bolt in from the top, while holding all of the washers in position. Other times to get things reset I'll poke my allen wrench down into the slot and wiggle all of the washers around so they're somewhat concentric again... then squeeze it together long enough to put the bolt back in.

2. When the tower is in the center of the plate, you can "share" that outside bolt with both the tower and accessory, using a couple washers to stack up to the level you need. I do this in the rack receiver video, at around the 10:00 mark.

hope that helps! :cheers:

Thanks. I actually had gone back and watched some of the videos and found that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom