Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another good idea, thx man. I’d already drilled through the factory plastic in 4 spots to get the Toyota plastic to tuck up tight into the Gamiviti plate, so would definitely prefer to reuse those same holes. Yeah I’ll definitely post the finished results. You can feel my 20mm ball dedication. I’m thinking this will work though
You wont be disappointed in the 67 20mm balls. Keeps it seamless with their arms and other items. No doubt 67 D is pricey but you get what you pay for. They will last the life of the 200.

@greynolds little update on the YakAttack metal rail. I received the 8" version yesterday from Amazon, and unfortunately It just had too many trade off's for me to put the work in to make it work. I think if @nakman was to test on his end and drill the holes for specifically it's probably be great. IMO probably better than the plastic plate. But here were the issues I encountered:

1) The hole spacing compared to the holes that are already in the Gamiviti plate leave much to be desired. They are off in both x and y directions, but what really got me was the holes near the center were off, but also way to close to the existing holes for me to feel comfortable drilling more holes.

2) The hardware required would need to be more button top versus counter-sunk bolts to sit flush with the rail. I already had all my nice stainless hardware sorted and didn't want to have to replace all that for a visually less appealing bolt tops. I feel like the button tops just don't look as nice as the flat countersunk bolt heads.

3) This one is all my fault, but my 1st plastic YakAttack rail I overtightened to the point that the plastic cracked in a few spots where the bolts go in. Between this and the fact the paint was possibly not 100% super duper dry, left some pain scuffs and marks hidden under the plastic rail. So If I was to swicth to the metal YakAttack rail which is smaller and doesn't cover my paint imperfections, I'd need to rat least spot repaint which is the last thing I felt like doing at the 11th hour

So, hopefully my little experiment helps somebody else in the future, I think that metal rail def has potential. Wish it came in black, but even in silver I think it's be an nice compliment to the Gamiviti plate

IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0564.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg

Last edited:
Run a couple nuts on the little bolt and cut a few mm off with a hacksaw. File any jagged edges.
When you run the nuts off they will fix the thread at the cut.
So thanks @grinchy This was my ticket to successfully getting the native 67 Designs Series 20 balls to fit. A few minutes with a hand metal file and they now work perfect with the original YakAttack GridLoc MightyMount XL 9". So the correct length M6x30 bolt ended up being cutting the 30mm length down to about 28mm, just using a M6 locknut as my guide. Fits perfect now, still a little bit of thread sticks out past the nut plate, but the YakAttack sits perfect flat and the bolt head is tucked up a nice distance from the metal Gamiviti

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

So here is my finished result. Very happy with 95% of it, the only thing I wish fit slightly better was the front edge of the Gamiviti plate on the dash. Don't know if because I installed and removed the plate 100x I made it worse, It just doesn't sit as flush on the front as I'd like, and it doesn't snap in as solidly either. Could be caused by the extra holes I drilled through the plastic, or maybe just a 14 year old plastic plate. Anybody else with an 08 gen have this issue? Part is because the Gamiviti plate is cut in a straight line, but the 200 dash (on the 08) is curved so it'd never follow that line exact. I'm just wondering if i should put a small strip of rubber, foam, felt, or edge trim just under the front edge to close the gap? I know I could replace the whole plastic plate with a new one, but close to $100 for the plastic, no guarantee it'd look better in the end, and I'd have to re-splice my electrical connections, just doesn't seem worth it. Any pics anybody could share of how the front fit's on their 08? Otherwise great and very happy with the results. I'll post more pics once I mount all the 67D attachments, but for now it's just the series 20 balls which Im super stoked worked out

IMG_0582.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

On mine, those tabs visible in the second to last photo are fully inserted in the plastic base and bent 90 degrees. I have a 16 so it is apples and oranges, but have you verified that it is fully installed?

On mine, those tabs visible in the second to last photo are fully inserted in the plastic base and bent 90 degrees. I have a 16 so it is apples and oranges, but have you verified that it is fully installed?
Interesting. So you actually folded the metal tabs (inward) on yours? Got any pics? I gotta re-watch the insall video. I just left mine the way they were when the original factory mesh cover was installed......I thought

Interesting. So you actually folded the metal tabs (inward) on yours? Got any pics? I gotta re-watch the insall video. I just left mine the way they were when the original factory mesh cover was installed......I thought
my tabs are folded over tightly.

Yes, mine are folded over.

@DPA200 that looks terrific! And yes much better after you fold the tabs over. Those front corners still aren't perfect on this version, that's just my limitation of skills here... my rig looks just like yours also a 2008. the other three versions of this part are flatter in front and sit lower, but for some reason we got a curved dash over the nav in 2008-2015, so for now this is the finished product. I've tried adding some rubber edging to that front edge but I thought it looked worse, as it drew my attention to it. I've grown to not notice the little cracks at the bottom edges now, as I'm usually looking at the stuff that's bolted to the top of it, or better yet looking at the road ahead.

And man, you guys should get royalties from 67Designs for all this R&D work... never seen such in depth analysis! :lol: :cool:

Also I'll have powder coated versions of the 16+ Land Cruiser starting next week, once in stock will add that option to the website. And will start to get PC versions of the other models also as I reorder these.. will offer both versions for a while, then likely drop one or the other based on which one folks seem to want. thanks again for all the support with this one, definitely one of my favorite new products. :cheers:

@DPA200 that looks terrific! And yes much better after you fold the tabs over. Those front corners still aren't perfect on this version, that's just my limitation of skills here... my rig looks just like yours also a 2008. the other three versions of this part are flatter in front and sit lower, but for some reason we got a curved dash over the nav in 2008-2015, so for now this is the finished product. I've tried adding some rubber edging to that front edge but I thought it looked worse, as it drew my attention to it. I've grown to not notice the little cracks at the bottom edges now, as I'm usually looking at the stuff that's bolted to the top of it, or better yet looking at the road ahead.

And man, you guys should get royalties from 67Designs for all this R&D work... never seen such in depth analysis! :lol: :cool:

Also I'll have powder coated versions of the 16+ Land Cruiser starting next week, once in stock will add that option to the website. And will start to get PC versions of the other models also as I reorder these.. will offer both versions for a while, then likely drop one or the other based on which one folks seem to want. thanks again for all the support with this one, definitely one of my favorite new products. :cheers:
Thanks man much appreciated. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread with all the 67Designs talk (and my newb install mistakes :doh: ). I'm super happy with the end result now though! Great looking product and solved a problem I'd been looking for a solution for many years on my 08. From vent mounts to mag mounts a simple place to mount an iPad/iPhone I had tried every option under the sun prior to this. Finally a place to mount things! Anyways, thanks for the great product.

Nice yeah pre powder coat is an awesome idea!

Thanks man much appreciated. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread with all the 67Designs talk (and my newb install mistakes :doh: ). I'm super happy with the end result now though! Great looking product and solved a problem I'd been looking for a solution for many years on my 08. From vent mounts to mag mounts a simple place to mount an iPad/iPhone I had tried every option under the sun prior to this. Finally a place to mount things! Anyways, thanks for the great product.
Really like how yours turned out! I originally thought I would buy a separate speaker cover from Toyota and switch between the full exploration set up and stock. Now after having the gamiviti plate on for a month with my 67 designs mag mount I find the charging option and placement of my phone so perfect I don’t see the reason to not run the plate and one arm full time. For full exploration set up just add the two other arms and mounts in under 3min and you’re ready to explore!

for those of you following this thread... thank you again for your continued support. So I just got in a batch of keychains, if you're going to Cruise Moab you'll get one of these in your registration packet.

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

I know, yeah, it's just a keychain. but hey if anyone wants one just PM me your address... you can even specify white or teal. No need to post up, I'll delete this post when/if I start running low. thanks again all, more stuff to come soon I promise! :cheers:

So powder coated versions of the 16+ Land Cruiser speaker grill are now in stock. 08-15 Land Cruiser speaker grills powder coated are on order, ETA about 3-4 weeks. And both versions of the LX570 are at the powder coater now, should be back on hand next week. any backorders are shipping today!

Also I am diggin' the ARB mount for socket holders, works just as well as the one that I designed and had 3D printed, just looks little different. I added a link to that to the site for the next person to see that as an option. Dashboard Accessory Mounts — Gamiviti - https://www.gamiviti.com/dashboard-accessory-mounts

So glad these panels are working out so well for everyone, I'm loving mine also! more to come... :beer:

Ok so I have been asked multiple times to develop a solution for putting Maxtrax on the side of a RTT, mounted to one of our racks. The main issue people face is once the tent is installed it covers up the rack, and there's no more room for the Maxtrax, and for one reason or another the customer doesn't want to put them on the back bumper or inside the vehicle. One alternative is raising the tent on cross bars and putting them underneath (which I've done) another is resorting to a shorter RTT and putting the Maxtrax in front of that (which I've also done). But now that RTT's are all fairly long, and low profile continues to be a major push, and many RTT's don't allow for things to be bolted to them, I had to finally solve for the initial request which was how to put the Maxtrax on the side of the tent, supported from underneath the rack, in a way that still allows the tent to be deployed.

This week I finally got everything in stock to do that, which included a new revision to our traction ramp brackets, and new product called Rack Arms. Spent most of the day today building out this web page: rack arms — Gamiviti - https://www.gamiviti.com/rack-arms

And making this video:

If you'll be at Cruise Moab in a few weeks I'll have this on display, and in use on my 200, after a few days of intensive desert testing... ;)

IMG_8449.jpg

as always I look forward to your comments and questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom