Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. 67 designs all day long.
Ok, I think I want to hop on the 67 Designs train. I've heard enough people over the years talk about how great they are. Being that I currently am starting from scratch with no brand (like RAM) I've previously signed up for, I might as well skip past the others to just start with 67 Designs.

So configuration wise, 67 Design website confuses me a bit, so I could use a little advice on the specifics.
For now I'm looking for what'd be needed to hold 1 iPhone and 1 iPad.

So for the base/track I already bough the 9" YakAttack GridLoc MightyMount XL like most of the others did. I like how low profile (and inexpensive) this is. Not sure though if anybody strongly recommends the much more expensive 67 Designs rails like these Series 55 Rail System or what I'd gain by going that route.

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 6.57.20 AM.png

I see 67 Designs has both 20mm or 1" ball options. I know RAM uses 1" and it looks like YakAttack does as well. No sure if there is a big advantage to going 20mm, other than it being a bit smaller. Or is it better if I'm doing all 67 Designs mounts to go with the 20mm option for max compatibility?

Anyways, from YakAttack it looks like I'd need to order 2 of these 1" ScrewBall™ (BMP-1001) from to fit in the YakAttack track?

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 6.58.12 AM.png

From there I think I just need two of the 67 Designs Carbon Fiber 1" arms and the two different device holders. Or am I better getting one of the 20mm ball at one end and a clamp for 1" ball at the other end of the arm to open up more 67 Designs options that use the 20mm ball?

Arm length I"m not sure???

Nano - 89mm (3.5")
Mini - 124mm (4.9")
Small - 164mm (6.5")
Medium - 199mm (7.8")
Large - 294mm (11.6")

Then device holder-wise for my iPad, I currently have a older cell iPad Air 2, but will probably upgrade at some point to a newer model. I was thinking of going with the Universal Tablet Holder so I'm not locked into 1 specific model.

For my Phone similar situation, I'm on a iPhone 12 pro now, but I'd rather get a universal mount in case I change models in the future. Would I be better off going for a Universal for Phones Device Holder G2, or going the route of the MagMount G3 Device Holder ? Is the magnetic option strong enough for zero shake off-road? I kinda like how simple and clean it looks. I also saw they have a MagMount G3 Device Holder - No Arm Required option but that looks like they don't currently have the 1" ball available. Has anybody gone this route with no arm for a phone, or is it better to have an arm bringing the phone forward (and down) for better visibility?

Anyways, let me know if I'm on the right track or if I'm missing any vital info.

Another 'mud member told me the key is to make sure you get Ram compatible ends, if you are integrating with Ram accessories. The balls are slightly different sizes.

The Yakattack balls I got are are the Ram size (akward phrasing), and I have a bunch of accessory mounts with the Ram sized balls (ham radio mount, quadlock mounts, garmin mounts), so I'm looking to upgrade to these: Arm Builder for 1" - 1" Ball SizesSmall / Matte / Black - https://www.67d.com/products/arm-builder-for-1in-1in-ball-sizes?variant=40351429984446

It's a little painful to buy these since I have a vast collection of Ram mounting parts. They do see to be a lot nicer and worth the money though.

Also, depending upon how you define "zero shake", and how you define "offroad", you may be hard pressed to find a great solution. I like the Quadlock because they mount sturdily and don't come off with hard hits or in very rough terrain. I don't have a solution for zero shake. Although Quad lock does sell a vibration damper that seems to be popular with motorcyclists, I haven't tried it yet. If it rocking and rolling that much, I'm probably focused on driving not the device attached to the dash. :)

Ok, I think I want to hop on the 67 Designs train. I've heard enough people over the years talk about how great they are. Being that I currently am starting from scratch with no brand (like RAM) I've previously signed up for, I might as well skip past the others to just start with 67 Designs.

So configuration wise, 67 Design website confuses me a bit, so I could use a little advice on the specifics.
For now I'm looking for what'd be needed to hold 1 iPhone and 1 iPad.

So for the base/track I already bough the 9" YakAttack GridLoc MightyMount XL like most of the others did. I like how low profile (and inexpensive) this is. Not sure though if anybody strongly recommends the much more expensive 67 Designs rails like these Series 55 Rail System or what I'd gain by going that route.

View attachment 3235873

I see 67 Designs has both 20mm or 1" ball options. I know RAM uses 1" and it looks like YakAttack does as well. No sure if there is a big advantage to going 20mm, other than it being a bit smaller. Or is it better if I'm doing all 67 Designs mounts to go with the 20mm option for max compatibility?
Personally, I prefer the YakAttack rail as it's lower profile than the 67 Designs rail. For the ball size, it all comes down to what your plans are. If you're going to go with 67 Designs arms and mounts for your devices, then I would go with their 20mm ball options. If you're going to go with 67 Designs arms, but plan to use mounts from other companies, then go with 1" BUT use 20mm for any places where you are joining 67 Designs arms together. Keep in mind that it's super simple to swap between the 20mm and 1" balls on the 67 Designs arms, so if you change your mind later, you just need to order the other size. It takes seconds to swap them.

Anyways, from YakAttack it looks like I'd need to order 2 of these 1" ScrewBall™ (BMP-1001) from to fit in the YakAttack track?
Or the equivalent from RAM, 67 Designs, etc.

Arm length, mounts, etc. are all application specific. It depends on where you want your device to end up, what your device is, etc. I would probably order an assortment of sizes and experiment.

is there an issue getting the 67 Designs mounts to fit the YakAttack rails? or is there a better 67 designs rail? I can consider adding another hole pattern if you guys think this is necessary...

and my experience with the RAM mounts is that they are pretty darn solid on paved roads, they get a little shaky when it's bumpy but in those cases I probably should be looking at the road ahead anyway... on a 3-day wheeling trip I might readjust the ipad once a day.

here, I made you guys a couple quick videos...

Good advice @greynolds thanks. I wasn't sure if RAM or 67 Designs balls could mount direct in the YakAttack rail, so that gives me more options. Sounds like since I have no existing RAM or Quadlock or other 1" attachments, maybe I just start with all 67 Designs, all 20mm size, and see how that all works. With 67 Designs at least the 20mm has a lot more device holder options than the 1". Like you mentioned, easy to switch later if I decide Quadlock, RAM, or other attachments suit me better. I do agree on the mounting plate that YakAttack is nice how low profile it is compared to the 67 Designs rails.

Last edited:
is there an issue getting the 67 Designs mounts to fit the YakAttack rails? or is there a better 67 designs rail? I can consider adding another hole pattern if you guys think this is necessary...

and my experience with the RAM mounts is that they are pretty darn solid on paved roads, they get a little shaky when it's bumpy but in those cases I probably should be looking at the road ahead anyway... on a 3-day wheeling trip I might readjust the ipad once a day.

here, I made you guys a couple quick videos...

Sounds like most everybody have been happy with the YakAttack rail. $15 and as low profile as they get. The 67 Designs are nice looking, but not low profile at all, and like 3x the price. From what I'm seeing on this thread it does not sound like anybody is having issues getting the 67 Designs mounts to fit the YakAttack rails. Correct me if I'm wrong

Can anybody confirm the 67 Designs Series 55 Track Ball fits in the YakAttack rail? I know a lot have used the 1" RAM ball, but I'm trying to see if I can go straight from the base with the smaller 20mm 67 Designs ball. Otherwise I'll just start with the 1" RAM ball (or similar), and then use a 67 Designs arm that has 1" receiver on one end, 20mm receiver on the other end.

Can anybody confirm the 67 Designs Series 55 Track Ball fits in the YakAttack rail? I know a lot have used the 1" RAM ball, but I'm trying to see if I can go straight from the base with the smaller 20mm 67 Designs ball. Otherwise I'll just start with the 1" RAM ball (or similar), and then use a 67 Designs arm that has 1" receiver on one end, 20mm receiver on the other end.
I'm using the 1" RAM ball, but suspect the Series 55 Track Ball will also work and looks like it may have the advantage of being able to use a wrench to tighten it so it won't spin loose. Getting the RAM ball tight enough so it wouldn't spin loose was kind of a PITA. I'm probably going to place another order with 67 Designs soon and will order a couple of those Track Balls unless I hear that they definitely won't work.

I have used 67d stuff for a while now, it's been great. They do made a 1" ball adapter end for their arms as well - you can easily move it to any arm you like by them since the ends come off independently. I use both the Phone holder and the iPad holder off road and they are rock solid.
I will be setting up my Gamaviti holder the same way - just need to put it in and wire it up

I have used 67d stuff for a while now, it's been great. They do made a 1" ball adapter end for their arms as well - you can easily move it to any arm you like by them since the ends come off independently. I use both the Phone holder and the iPad holder off road and they are rock solid.
I will be setting up my Gamaviti holder the same way - just need to put it in and wire it up
Cool, good to hear. Yes, so I know I can use a 1" ball (RAM, YakAttack or others) and then just adapt to the 67 arm. That's probably the safest route if nobody else can confirm the 67D 20mm will fit the YakAttack direct. I get so used to Amazon and free shipping and free returns for everything, that without confirmation I didn't want to just order 3 67D balls $19/each) and then find they don't fit. I'd also thought when I don't have holders/arms on all them for my daily, that it'd looks a bit nicer with the "smaller balls" :rofl:. I also really like how the 67D balls have the allen tightening from the top.

I think 67 Designs is closed for the TX storms right now, but maybe I'll call them after they are back and see if they know

they list some specs for the series 55 ball on the site. 20mm Base with at least 6.5mm wide slot... so probably
but I highly doubt 67d would know if it fits a competitors rail system when they sell their own.

they do make a flat carbon base for 3 balls as well... just drill some holes in the Gamaviti plate - thats what I did when I mounted 3 Amps Plate balls on mine... or in retrospect at least 2 of the Diamond plate alternative balls will fit in existing RAM mount holes on the plate, probably 3...

Also it is no big deal to drill different holes if needed...

According to the 67 Designs site, "the slot in your track slot must be at least 6.5mm (0.26") wide" for their Track Ball to fit. RAM's track ball, which several of us are using with the YakAttack rail, uses a 1/4"x20 T-bolt and fits fine. So I suspect the 67 Designs Track Ball will work just fine. If there's any concern over it fitting, you can just play it safe and order either YakAttach's or RAM's 1" track ball and make sure you get matching 1" ends for the 67 Designs arms. That's the nice thing about these systems - you can pretty freely mix and match things as desired.

As @CharlieS said, It's easy enough to drill extra holes if needed. My preference is to only drill holes if there's a compelling reason to do so (since you can't undrill them if plans change) and since there are already holes for the YakAttack, I would just go with that as we all know it fits and works really well.

According to the 67 Designs site, "the slot in your track slot must be at least 6.5mm (0.26") wide" for their Track Ball to fit. RAM's track ball, which several of us are using with the YakAttack rail, uses a 1/4"x20 T-bolt and fits fine. So I suspect the 67 Designs Track Ball will work just fine. If there's any concern over it fitting, you can just play it safe and order either YakAttach's or RAM's 1" track ball and make sure you get matching 1" ends for the 67 Designs arms. That's the nice thing about these systems - you can pretty freely mix and match things as desired.

As @CharlieS said, It's easy enough to drill extra holes if needed. My preference is to only drill holes if there's a compelling reason to do so (since you can't undrill them if plans change) and since there are already holes for the YakAttack, I would just go with that as we all know it fits and works really well.
Yeah I subscribe to the same theory on drilling. Completely easy to drill additional holes for the 67D rail......but I actually like the YakAttack rail better (low profile) and would rather not drill unless I was 100% sure on this. Well based off the specs it sounds likely the 67D probably would fit. I know 67D does free shipping over $90...which easily adds up to that $$$ with 67D stuff. So maybe I just order 1 67D ball with the other stuff I want, and worst case I'm out return shipping on the ball. 67D site says "track slot must be at least 6.5mm (0.26") wide". I just measured my YakAttack rail (from the top) and I'm getting 7mm. And to answer your next question....yes I did get the olive green rail. Still on the fence if I like the color, but I think it's kinda cool and different.

IMG_0121.jpg

Reactions: NTV
Yeah I subscribe to the same theory on drilling. Completely easy to drill additional holes for the 67D rail......but I actually like the YakAttack rail better (low profile) and would rather not drill unless I was 100% sure on this. Well based off the specs it sounds likely the 67D probably would fit. I know 67D does free shipping over $90...which easily adds up to that $$$ with 67D stuff. So maybe I just order 1 67D ball with the other stuff I want, and worst case I'm out return shipping on the ball. 67D site says "track slot must be at least 6.5mm (0.26") wide". I just measured my YakAttack rail (from the top) and I'm getting 7mm. And to answer your next question....yes I did get the olive green rail. Still on the fence if I like the color, but I think it's kinda cool and different.

View attachment 3237500
I just installed the amps plates with 20mm balls from 67 direct to the gamiviti cover. You can do one amps plate in the center without drilling and then two of the diamond plates (2 holes) on the sides without drilling. To do three amps plates like I did you need to drill 4 holes total for the side balls. See my post above with picture. I really like this set up as it is very easy to just attach an arm with device holder on the go without having to do an additional step of adding a ball to the rail. And then I get to tell my wife I am driving with my balls on the dash. Added benefit. :)

Interesting. I was digging around 67D site and found an alternative 20mm ball they sell:

Series 20 Track Ball
Compatible with the Following Tracks
8020 track slots designed for 1/4"-20 hardware.
Vector Offroad Contour track slots.

Ram® ToughTrack slots.

Now that makes me think with most of you using RAM balls this 67D alt ball would be the way to go.
They just warn "This Series BT20 will NOT fit the Series 55 rail profile" which I don't think would matter to me if Im sticking with the YakAttack rail.

Reactions: NTV
Interesting. I was digging around 67D site and found an alternative 20mm ball they sell:

Series 20 Track Ball
Compatible with the Following Tracks
8020 track slots designed for 1/4"-20 hardware.
Vector Offroad Contour track slots.

Ram® ToughTrack slots.

Now that makes me think with most of you using RAM balls this 67D alt ball would be the way to go.
They just warn "This Series BT20 will NOT fit the Series 55 rail profile" which I don't think would matter to me if Im sticking with the YakAttack rail.
That definitely looks like the way to go. The 67 Designs web site could definitely use some improvement as it's kind of hard to find stuff. Fortunately, the quality of the product makes the effort to find what you need worth it.

That definitely looks like the way to go. The 67 Designs web site could definitely use some improvement as it's kind of hard to find stuff. Fortunately, the quality of the product makes the effort to find what you need worth it.
Yeah I would be complaining much more about the 67D website if I didn't hear all such great things about the products. But ball-wise yeah, I'm thinking the Series 20 Track Ball has my best chance of success that it even says both:
  1. "Designed for 1/4"-20 hardware"
  2. "Compatible with am® ToughTrack slots"
Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.05.22 AM.png

No idea if it matters in practice, and may even be an improvement by 67 designs, but the Yaktrack ones have a rubber layer between the base and the track. Now one thought is that it might make it more difficult to get a solid connection with the rubber, and another might be that it isolates components and provides some level of dampening. I'm not sure where I land on that...

No idea if it matters in practice, and may even be an improvement by 67 designs, but the Yaktrack ones have a rubber layer between the base and the track. Now one thought is that it might make it more difficult to get a solid connection with the rubber, and another might be that it isolates components and provides some level of dampening. I'm not sure where I land on that...
The rubber most likely mostly helps with preventing the ball from spinning loose. The 67 Designs ball can be tightened down with a wrench, which seems like a really good idea IMHO.

That's the one problem I had with the RAM ball - it was difficult to get it tight enough to prevent it from spinning loose. Someone suggested putting an arm on really snugly and then using the leverage from that to get the ball tight and that seems to have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom