Gamivit Power seat gear install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKP Garage

Forever Learning
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Its been probably 8yrs since I've done one of these seat gear repair/installs. Took me a few minutes to remember how everything went together. Figured I'd video the process incase anyone else finds it useful to have a visual.

The replacement gears and caps are from Gamiviti here: seat parts — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/seatparts

Video walkthrough of the install process here:

Bringing this thread up. I just got done replacing the gears and cap and my seat still doesn't work. I put the seat back in and plugged it in to verify it worked before boiling it down. It does the same thing that it did before all the work. The inner gear the one that goes through the motor side turns and the one on the other side doesn't. As soon as I hit the switch the new cap popped out. What did I do wrong?

Update I took it back apart and put it back together and it worked. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time.

The number one cause of what you mentioned above is the rails not being even. If one is further out than the other the seat may “walk” and wear out the replaced gear or not move at all.
I think you taking it apart a second time corrected this event and hence why it worked.

Bringing this thread up. I just got done replacing the gears and cap and my seat still doesn't work. I put the seat back in and plugged it in to verify it worked before boiling it down. It does the same thing that it did before all the work. The inner gear the one that goes through the motor side turns and the one on the other side doesn't. As soon as I hit the switch the new cap popped out. What did I do wrong?
That cap popping out is usually what leads to the gear stripping in the first place. On a couple of 80's where I had trouble keeping it in I had luck with some thread locker on the threads of the cap and then screwing it back in. But if you're wanting to bullet proof it even more, Solvefunction makes a metal retainer that goes over the cap to keep it from backing out: Land Cruiser 80 LX450 Seat Gear Cap Guard - https://solvefunction.com/shop/ols/products/land-cruiser-80-seat-gear-cap-guard

That cap popping out is usually what leads to the gear stripping in the first place. On a couple of 80's where I had trouble keeping it in I had luck with some thread locker on the threads of the cap and then screwing it back in. But if you're wanting to bullet proof it even more, Solvefunction makes a metal retainer that goes over the cap to keep it from backing out: Land Cruiser 80 LX450 Seat Gear Cap Guard - https://solvefunction.com/shop/ols/products/land-cruiser-80-seat-gear-cap-guard
Thanks for the info and link. Definitely ordering 2 of these brackets!

Thanks for the info and link. Definitely ordering 2 of these brackets!
I ordered a pair as well for the 80 I'm currently restoring. Seems like a good option so you don't have to worry about it again.

I'd say the metal retainers are required in 2022. Zero thread left where the caps went in on mine. Secured the caps with zip ties temporarily and installed the retainers with the seats in the car.

I ordered 2 of these brackets. Now I'm just wondering if I can get the DS bracket on without removing the seat again.

I ordered 2 of these brackets. Now I'm just wondering if I can get the DS bracket on without removing the seat again.
No need to unbolt the seats. DS is the easier one to get to, just remove the front plastic facia and pop out the 5mm hex bolts that hold in the bracket. Throw it on with the shim, put back the hex bolts, screw on the facia and you're done. PS is the same except the cap is facing the trans tunnel. Slightly less room but still no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom