FZJ80 single catalytic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running a single catalytic converter in there fzj80? Any smog issues?

I want to delete one of the cataylic converters and tuck my exhaust closer to the underside of the vehicle, but living in California I need it to pass smog. I want to run the exhaust into a single catalytic converter.

Landcruiserphil is using a magnaflow heavy metal version. Last I heard, it has worked out well. It should be 50 state legal. Dont quote me though. I remember events differently than others.......

Where are my manners? Welcome to MUDD :flipoff2: (official salute).

Won't Work.
You live in the Land of Fruits & Nuts

**Welcome to Mud and thanks for sacrificing your Wallet.

Magnaflow makes a CARB compliant of the version I have. Its at least $100 bucks more. It'll be compliant but I'm pretty sure (from reading on here) that California does a visual inspection and that you can't alter the original equipment, meaning if it came with two cats, you have to have two cats, regardless of compliance.

@Koe E Yes, as Hornd pointed out, California requires your number of cats to match the number of cats provided by the factory. There is a visual inspection. This is regardless of how well one cat works- if they don't see two, you'll fail emissions.

I think this was discussed here: 1997 LX 450 Aftermarket Catalytic Converter CARB Woes... (among other discussion topics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom