fuse block assistance needed...please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
here is a pic of my old fuse block...or some form of a po block...next to it is a newer block...provided to me by a fellow tac member...i have a couple of questions

1) will the newer block work?..aside from adding some connectors to the ends of the wires..how would it mount to the truck?

2) could someone post up a pic of how the newer blocks are installed.

this is a 1968 fj40...with chevy 283 engine....it appears the toyota wiring harness is mostly intact
thanks for your help!
osagecruiser
MVC-740S.JPG

A 1968 factory fuse block will be by the accelerator pedal...

They moved to the drivers side door jam, just under the dash sometime after 1971/72 year...there are little tabs welded on the jam that the fuse block bolts to...

You certianly can make it work...you will just need to make a mounting bracket of some sort for it...

Good luck!

-Steve

poser

mine is located to the right of the accelerator pedal....what type of bracket...how does this type of fuse block mount stock?....i really need to see a pic..that way i am sure i could figure something out

thanks

marc

Your sig line says that your cruiser is "under restoration". If you really want to try and put it back together, get the OEM fuse block from Toyota. They are still available. I may have a used one somewhere that will work for you but I'll have to check. The one you show here is pretty close to stock; maybe its the right one. My '69 is bone stock. If you want me to take a picture of the fuse block and the wires going into it, let me know.

Marc man...

You see the bolt holes on the top and bottom of the new one? Two bolts through those, and you are home. I have not ever seen the newer style fuse block 'adapted' into an earlier truck, without someone welding two tabs on the inner lip of the area right where a data tag would be on the door jam...

I do not have a pic man, I am sorry.

-Steve

r
a photo would be very very helpful...please....i use the term restoration loosely...more like under construction to the spec of my 14 yo son!

poser
thats cool...i will figger somethin out...hopefully rgentry will post up a pic

thanks
osagecruiser

the question is what connectors you are running in the back of the fuse block. You stock connectors might not fit the newer block (which is what I had in my '72).

Marc, it's really not worth the effort to convert to either of those other blocks when the stock one is still available for ~40sh from Toyota. Not only is it simpler, but there is nothing quite like having a BRAND NEW fuse block to help eliminate pesky electrical problems that keep coming up with used ones.;)

BTW, did you get the steering column boot ok?

Best

Mark

mark,
thanks yes i got the boot...its just we were looking for...i think i will call toyota on monday and order a new fuse block...you and poser are right lots of work to make this one fit....i have to many other things to spend time on...something simple would be nice

thanks
osagecruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom