front door speaker replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really disappointing this ‘use the search’ bs, I forbid it on the forum I run. The newest information always is the best, as new things are always coming to market, and 80% of the posters on any old thread have already sold their cars and aren’t on the board anymore.

I guess then there is no real reason for us to post; it’s gonna be old and nobody will read it ? I guess there goes MUD.....

What a bunch of BS, just my humble opinion !!

Really disappointing this ‘use the search’ bs, I forbid it on the forum I run. The newest information always is the best, as new things are always coming to market, and 80% of the posters on any old thread have already sold their cars and aren’t on the board anymore.
Does "your" forum have the technical data and membership 'Mud has?

There is a reason'Mud is as good as it is. because we try to eliminate mis-information. We ENCOURAGE the use of search which also encourages the use of "intelligent" thread titles. We hope that people don't title a thread: "Look what I found" or something like that (They get properly berated) because it doesn't help new folks find anything.

On the other hand if all we do is pointlessly bash on folks, they go away, which doesn't help revenue for the forum.

So we point out that, if you're gonna be here help us help you.

If every Tom, Dick, and Harry shows up on your forum and asks "What tire size should I run?" and then proceeds to post that eleventy-billion times, do you answer them? Or do you tell them to search so all the OTHER new guys that show up don;t have to try to filter through eleventy-billion posts to find the ONE bit they are interested in.

So: Please ask what you need, put on your big-girl panties and wear your thick skin, because all the snowflakes ain't here.

I agree, there's always New info verses old info....old info can be outdated when it comes to electronics...the OP had a legit question needing help in this area...

THE BEST SHALLOW SPEAKERS FOR THE FJ80's (WITHOUT DOING ANY MODS)
Pricey but hand made with a crossover to make the sound and bass impeccable!
**prove me wrong**
Holy crap 549! I bet they sound nice.

Holy crap 549! I bet they sound nice.

I'm sure they do, but where to put the crossovers? To say nothing of the additional wiring.

Any ideas on replacement speakers for the front doors? I understand the depth issue and don't want to build out the spacer if I can help it. Thanks

Great question!

I used Focal Integration 6-3/4" components. I mounted the tweeters high on the door but close enough to the drivers to not cause any issues IMO.

I'm running them in a 3-way active system (no rear door speakers) and they sound amazing. They do like power, at least 50W, so I wouldn't run them on deck power.

I made 6mm PVC spacers for clearance.

20190806_122034.jpg

20190807_113340.jpg

THE BEST SHALLOW SPEAKERS FOR THE FJ80's (WITHOUT DOING ANY MODS)
Pricey but hand made with a crossover to make the sound and bass impeccable!
**prove me wrong**
I just picked up some from another member. Looking forward to installing them.

Does "your" forum have the technical data and membership 'Mud has?

There is a reason'Mud is as good as it iOn the other hand if all we do is pointlessly bash on folks, they go away, which doesn't help revenue for the forum.

So we point out that, if you're gonna be here help us help you.

If every Tom, Dick, and Harry shows up on your forum and asks "What tire size should I run?" and then proceeds to post that eleventy-billion times, do you answer them?

www.bmwz8.us - which I started it in 2001, so before mud.
Yes, our technical information is as deep, maybe deeper, but we benefit from being a single vehicle site and having less traffic.
We are far from being snowflakes, but we are kind, polite and helpful.

www.bmwz8.us - which I started it in 2001, so before mud.
Yes, our technical information is as deep, maybe deeper, but we benefit from being a single vehicle site and having less traffic.
We are far from being snowflakes, but we are kind, polite and helpful.
So just like here!

Congratulations on your ownership!

When I was searching the forum for speakers, I found that many of the “latest and greatest” speakers recommended at the time are no longer available. It took a lot of time searching for them only to find that you can’t get them any longer, and trying to figure out what a substitute might be. It doesn’t hurt to help a new poster out and then kindly point him in a direction for more information. I don’t think it’s any skin off anyone’s nose to throw a recent suggestion or two out to a new guy; it probably doesn’t take as much energy as it does to give them the “Search” lecture. If you aren’t going to help then why use up the bandwidth?

When I was searching the forum for speakers, I found that many of the “latest and greatest” speakers recommended at the time are no longer available. It took a lot of time searching for them only to find that you can’t get them any longer, and trying to figure out what a substitute might be. It doesn’t hurt to help a new poster out and then kindly point him in a direction for more information. I don’t think it’s any skin off anyone’s nose to throw a recent suggestion or two out to a new guy; it probably doesn’t take as much energy as it does to give them the “Search” lecture. If you aren’t going to help then why use up the bandwidth?
Then why don't you post your findings?

We answered the OP's Q's. He asked for any ideas on replacements for the front speakers on the doors.

He did NOT say:
"What are the MOST CURRENT versions of high-end speakers for the front doors for the 80 series Land Cruiser or LX450.?"

Please post your findings for the benefit of ALL new members, but make sure to include your disclaimer that is your information becomes more than 6 years old it is no longer valid and you must do YOUR OWN SEARCHING!

It should go like this:
A) search Mud extensively for answers to your problem, find some clues/dimensions/useful info but not exactly what you're looking for
B) do your own search with those dimensions/info/etc. outside of Mud
C) return with your post. say you searched, state your problem and any new info you found; ask for suggestions
D) Mud is a better place with newer info, and higher quality threads.

Couldn't imagine if all new 80's owners simple came here and asked what is the best oil to use. Place would become useless.

I welcome these threads every now and then because parts especially like speakers/audio are always evolving, not like bumpers or something vehicle specific that we dont really get new versions of anymore.

Would love to buy those Morel Virtus speakers if they were....$200 cheaper or so

It should go like this:
A) search Mud extensively for answers to your problem, find some clues/dimensions/useful info but not exactly what you're looking for
C) return with your post. say you searched, state your problem and any new info you found; ask for suggestions

Couldn't imagine if all new 80's owners simple came here and asked what is the best oil to use. Place would become useless.

100% agree with you. These threads don't bother me IF the OP also provide some input/ideas/thoughts they have. (not that i wasn't guilty of this when i joined the forum)
Show you're willing to put a bit of effort and most are likely to help vs just asking "what speakers should i buy" and expecting to be spoon fed answers. I agree the place would become useless.
Just help contribute something instead of using it as a free part adviser.

It should go like this:

This is exactly what I was trying to say, although @rolliges spelled it out better than I did. A little bit of effort goes a long way.

Just reading through this thread, as I replaced my front speakers recently. Was amazed how s***ty people can be to others seeking info. I use the search function regularly on here but oftentimes it takes forever to read long threads and find info that is more current and helpful/relevant. I hesitate to start any new post seeking info or advice and that's a shame. And I am not talking about tire size and what type of oil to use. Some of us just want to get a little advice from other 80 Series owners who have been there, done that and don't mind chiming in. We ain't looking for a lecture on how to use a search bar. Just my .02. Thanks for any future help here. Many of y'all have been extremely kind and helpful over the years.

Yeah, I gotta say, after this thread, I'm done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom