front door speaker replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas on replacement speakers for the front doors? I understand the depth issue and don't want to build out the spacer if I can help it. Thanks

My passenger side seems dead too, so I'd love to know what a great replacement-upgrade is for those too.

This has been addressed many times here. Pioneer is the best fit. Search for it.

Oh really? Search for it? I didn't think of that. Sorry, I thought this forum was for helpful suggestions. The issue is the magnet size and depth of the bucket. Pioneer, not that great of speakers in the first place, makes about 7 milllion speakers. I just thought someone may have a line on the best shallow mount speakers but thanks for the response.

Oh really? Search for it? I didn't think of that. Sorry, I thought this forum was for helpful suggestions. The issue is the magnet size and depth of the bucket. Pioneer, not that great of speakers in the first place, makes about 7 milllion speakers. I just thought someone may have a line on the best shallow mount speakers but thanks for the response.
Yes, they did and it has been stated here many times. If you searched for "speaker" you would have found many selections here all the way from the s*** pioneer to infinity to Bose. Maybe you could search "Bose" and it would narrow it down even more!

We just don't need to spoon feed absolutely everyone that shows up.

Are your next questions:
What size tires should I run?
What oil should I use?
Where should I buy my parts?

Those questions and more will be answered on the NEXT episode of...........

Imadicktoeveryone.com

Last edited:
Yes, they did and it has been stated here many times. If you searched for "speaker" you would have found many selections here all the way from the s*** pioneer to infinity to Bose. Maybe you could search "Bose" and it would narrow it down even more!

We just don't need to spoon feed absolutely everyone that shows upm

Are your next questions:
What oil should I use?

Imadicktoeveryone.com
Awesome.....

We just don't need to spoon feed absolutely everyone that shows up.

Are your next questions:
What oil should I use?

Imadicktoeveryone.com
Ah, I get it, you're the forum expert dick. Every forum has one. You're pretty good at your title. Thanks for going the extra mile. Have a great day.

Teach a man to fish:

Within 5 minutes, I have over 50 pages of speaker references for you.

LMGTFY:

The list goes on.....

Infinity reference 6.5" worked perfectly on my 80 with a bit of cutting for the extra diameter... I also used them in the rear... with a Kenwood 5 channel they really sounds amazing - used a JL sub on a LCP puma bracket to fill out the low end but have the ability to remove it ...

So using the vehicle selector there I came up with only these three.....

Any feedback on these?

Ah, I get it, you're the forum expert dick. Every forum has one. You're pretty good at your title. Thanks for going the extra mile. Have a great day.
Excuse me, but I'm the dick here.
You asked a question that has been beaten to death on this forum. When you start another thread about a topic like this, it makes it even more difficult for the next guy to search for information.
The beauty of this forum is that there is a wealth of knowledge already discussed and searchable at your fingertips. All you have to do is look for it.

Pricey but hand made with a crossover to make the sound and bass impeccable!

That really is pricey, but excellence with a lack of cutting and messing is very tempting. Also that Cructhfield site for some reason says it won't fit my car?

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.38.48 AM.jpg

Teach a man to fish:

LMGTFY:

The list goes on.....
thanks buddy, you're the greatest ever. I'm so sorry I asked a question. If I had known it was going to cause so much pain and suffering I would never have asked. I'm truly sorry.

thanks buddy, you're the greatest ever. I'm so sorry I asked a question. If I had known it was going to cause so much pain and suffering I would never have asked. I'm truly sorry.
Liar :rofl: :rofl:

I'm so sorry I asked a question. If I had known it was going to cause so much pain and suffering I would never have asked. I'm truly sorry.
No one is saying not to ask a question, but the 80 Series forum has 91,000 threads going back to 2003. Any possible subject that you can think of has been discussed, hashed out 30 different ways, and then improved upon over time.
So before asking a very basic question like, "Any ideas on replacement speakers for the front doors?", take a few minutes to search first. Once you get used to searching, you will realize the power of this forum and all your dreams will come true.

Teach a man to fish:

LMGTFY:

The list goes on.....

The most recent substantive posts in your links are from 2007 and 2013, respectively. You really showed him.

Last edited:
Really disappointing this ‘use the search’ bs, I forbid it on the forum I run. The newest information always is the best, as new things are always coming to market, and 80% of the posters on any old thread have already sold their cars and aren’t on the board anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom