Builds Frog's 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So after driving for a while I have some issues that I needed to address. First issue is notching the frame for steering gearbox was definitely the right call. Not notching the frame on passenger side was a bad call. When flexing the suspension, and it flexs really well, I had the steering linkages hitting the frame on the passenger side, and on the front cross member that the bib attached to. So I took it all apart and redid it.
IMG_20210113_181613954.jpg
IMG_20210114_162402450.jpg
IMG_20210114_235053207.jpg
IMG_20210114_235126435.jpg

If anyone is doing a ls conversation with a split case and needs a vss, I have one that I did not use from Jags That Run

How are they with plug wire clearance? Any issues burning wires yet?
They are close for a couple of plugs, I used a couple zip ties to keep them clear. No issues yet, but I only have 850 miles on it so far.

So in keeping this as low as possible soa and 37's I have been having issues with clearance in the front with regards to tie rods. I added the over leafs back in and that gave me one inch more clearance. When bouncing on rocks I was worried that it was still going to hit, so just got done with some bumpstops. I don't have as much up travel as I initially wanted, but it is super stable. 3.75" up, lots down
IMG_20210202_165838564.jpg

Figured out the smoke, the map sensor was programmed incorrectly by me. I set it to internal initially. The terminator x computer has an internal map sensor built into it, and the little hand held does not give the option to program a stock sensor. This error was making the engine run rich at 12.7 afr. After hooking up the laptop I was able to reprogram the computer to use the stock LS map sensor and it runs much better (14.0 afr at idle). No smoke now
Enjoying your build thread as someone just pointed it out in a thread I have going re: adapters. I had this exact same issue on my 6.0 / TerminatorX. Would be nice if the default tune for LSx was utilizing the GM MAP sensor, as logic would dictate the default would work. Between that and the oil pressure and MAP pins being reversed in my harness, I had several hours in initial startup (I'm running it on a stand only right now).

Off to view the rest of your thread.

:beer:

Just installed some shocks. It drives so much better, feels very similar to the wife's 2017 landcruiser going over the bumps now. It really quieted the front end down. Still have to figure out the back shocks.
IMG_20210207_172120527.jpg
IMG_20210207_172128447.jpg

Just installed some shocks. It drives so much better, feels very similar to the wife's 2017 landcruiser going over the bumps now. It really quieted the front end down. Still have to figure out the back shocks.
View attachment 2578988View attachment 2578989

Are you planning on running rear shocks as well? If you do, I'd love to know the part numbers for the ones you end up running.

Are you planning on running rear shocks as well? If you do, I'd love to know the part numbers for the ones you end up running.
I am, I ordered some bilsteins for the rear, but they are too long. They will work but will be compressed a lot. The only reason I ended up with the fronts with reservoirs is that the regular bilsteins were out of stock. But after using them and seeing how well they are made I am probably going to get those for the back with softer rates

I am, I ordered some bilsteins for the rear, but they are too long. They will work but will be compressed a lot. The only reason I ended up with the fronts with reservoirs is that the regular bilsteins were out of stock. But after using them and seeing how well they are made I am probably going to get those for the back with softer rates

Could you let me know what you end up with? I'm not quite ready to shell out for some custom King rears for my build, but I'm thinking that I would like to try and get some Bilsteins.

Any pics of your exhaust routing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom