Builds Frog's 40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What clutch setup/slave and flywheel did you use with the AA bellhousing?
Stock ls flywheel on left, AA on right. The AA adapter is offset further to the tranny.
Cheers
IMG_20200718_101145336.jpg
IMG_20200718_101130547.jpg
IMG_20200718_101141776.jpg

Awesome, is there a reason you decided to gowith H42 and split case? Did you have to adjust where the shifter comes through?
I chose the h42 for a few reasons, 1st one, I got a good deal. 2nd the fj60 h42 shifter sits further back, ls engine sits further forward, shifter ends up in stock location the way I did it. 3rd, I prefer the mount of the h42, fairly easy to modify vs the weird plate on the back. And lastly I prefer the gear ratios over the h55.
Mike

8274 is an awesome winch I have a couple I even have one on my 05 crew cab Cummins. The one on my 40 I bought brand new is early 90's and it just keeps on working. I do want to convert it to wireless control but haven't done either that way yet. You will be happy and a great snag...

What kind of exhaust manifolds do you plan use?
I initially was going to use Camaro headers, but they will not work with my setup as the right one dumps on top of the slave cylinder. I have Sanderson headers arriving Thursday tomorrow that hopefully will work

OK. Do the camaro headers clear the frame rails?
Yes, depending on engine placement they can work assuming u don't use have a slave cylinder (auto or internal slave should be gtg). I used them for mockup, and only realized they wouldn't work after bolting on the slave cylinder.

Drive shaft is in, angles look good. Going to check it one more time before burning perches in

Be sure to load the back to approximate loaded height as it could change the DS angle a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom