Builds Frog's 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whose are those? I would like to replace my stock ones for when I go to assist.
Rough stuff, but be warned you will need to pull inner axle seal before welding them on

Could you help with a measurement on your leaf spring sliders? See picture for details. I'm hoping to see if I would have enough clearance between my frame and my tie rod with this modification since it will lower the ride height.

View attachment 2512700
I have 1.25 inches at the front, and 2.25 inches at the back. I had to notch the frame to get the tie rod in on the driver's side
IMG_20201201_152824039.jpg
IMG_20201201_152806652_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201024_145817134_HDR.jpg

Other side, I think that is officially the last weld on the project
IMG_20201202_141732609.jpg

Nice work. After I saw these knuckle ball gussets on your build I decided to order a set for fine. Originally I felt good about my welds but then thought adding them wouldn't hurt. Thanks for that.

Nice to see this one done, so you can get back to the 4door.

Drove it today and it drives awesome. I haven't got shocks in, and after driving it I may not ever put shocks on lol. I need to get wheels balanced. I have a coolant leak at the lower radiator hose to fix, and may need to get a different pitman arm. Besides that I am just going to drive the hell out of it
42820.jpeg

I plan to re gear to 4.56 with arb lockers in the future, but need to save a little cash. I don't plan on doing anything crazy with it, more take kids out for mild off-road trips and daily driving so it will have to work for now

You could do 4:1 gears in the split case. Then have a 10% reduction in high range.
Yeah I'm thinking I may go that way first. Are those gears helical cut. I really like how quite the split case h42 combo is. There is zero noise. I may do the 3:1 gears and 4.88's in the axles. Either way it drives ok as far as current gearing and the ls power. Hitting 70mph in 3rd gear is pretty fun

Yeah I'm thinking I may go that way first. Are those gears helical cut. I really like how quite the split case h42 combo is. There is zero noise. I may do the 3:1 gears and 4.88's in the axles. Either way it drives ok as far as current gearing and the ls power. Hitting 70mph in 3rd gear is pretty fun

The 3:1 are helically cut. The 4:1 are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom