For Sale Freshly rebuilt FJ60 in Colorado Springs: 2F, H55, Sliders, ARB bull bar, Heated Seats, and more! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come to sell my truck. This is a single family truck with my father having bought it new in 1985. We put over 375K trouble free miles on it. We then had the truck fully rebuilt at Safari Ltd in Grand Junction CO. The 2F is like new, we put in a new H55 5 speed, sliders, ARB bull bar, Winch, Stereo with XM, Dapper Lighting LED headlights, Tuffy Consul, new heated front seats, the list goes on.

You can see a more complete list of what we did to the truck here. There are also a chunk of photos on that thread. If you are looking for any more info or anything please let me know.

There is absolutely no reason we need to sell this truck, but we acquired a 200 series and can't convince ourselves that we wouldn't rather take the 200 everywhere.

Asking $20K $15

c9e8f0_7877f0e026c14117a9c67ab9b2e1e769~mv2_d_6000_4000_s_4_2.jpg

c9e8f0_470c3152c6ff4deeb73acd4d91b001de~mv2_d_6000_4000_s_4_2.jpg

c9e8f0_ad174e0ec0c94c71acf82296611e2a5c~mv2_d_6000_4000_s_4_2.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say it because it is a pretty nice rig but it is worth more as parts than it is whole. Even though it rebuilt, it still has 380k on it. Good luck with the sale.

I hate to say it because it is a pretty nice rig but it is worth more as parts than it is whole. Even though it rebuilt, it still has 380k on it. Good luck with the sale.

Interesting point. What with all the running gear rebuilt, new suspension, reman engine, with a new transmission I figured the package would be worth more then parts. What would you call the part value?

I don't know what the "part value" is. However getting someone to stump up 20k for a rig with rust unattended to is a tall order. Even if it is a relatively small amount it is worrisome. If I were looking to get 20k out of a rig I would start with comprehensive pics of the vehicle from all angles including, or perhaps especially, the undercarriage.

I don't know what the "part value" is. However getting someone to stump up 20k for a rig with rust unattended to is a tall order. Even if it is a relatively small amount it is worrisome. If I were looking to get 20k out of a rig I would start with comprehensive pics of the vehicle from all angles including, or perhaps especially, the undercarriage.

Fair point! I’ll get out there and get some more shots. Frame is in good condition though, so that’s good. What would you value it (assuming good frame) at then? Ballpark?

I’ve put over $30 into it including all the accessories, I know I’m not getting all of it back, but what do you think is a good number?

Honestly numbers are very subjective and i am not sure you would like mine. I will say this if the rust is isolated to the one place visible in the pics that would help your case considerably. Post those additional pics and I'm sure the 60 crowd will start to give you an idea on a fair price.

I don't think that owning a 200 is a good enough reason to sell... you're gonna miss it!

You are not the first person to tell me this; but how else do I fund the build on the 200?

Do a very mild build on the 200 and keep the 60 for when you really want to bounce around. You've put a lot of time and $ into the 60. As you know, you'll never recoup that, and you'll find it even more financially painful to get back into one if you are ever so inclined.

With all that being said... good luck with the sale, and I hope you get every penny. It's a nice-looking truck, in the best color.

Better price, but still...

Pics of the rebuild? And what did that entail? Means different things to different folks...I'm almost interested and could drive up and get it...

Fix the rust and keep it for another few decades! You'll regret selling it especially after you have come this far with it.

I read through your build thread carefully. Nice work! I appreciate the level of detail. I'm interested in talking further. I have a mid-build 2015 4Runner I love but my daughter has co-opted it after she wrecked her car (she's fine, other guy was cited, thankfully!). No overheating on the rebuild? Would you take it on a 12 hour mountain drive? That's what I might be doing to get back to the mountains of Northern AZ.

I read through your build thread carefully. Nice work! I appreciate the level of detail. I'm interested in talking further. I have a mid-build 2015 4Runner I love but my daughter has co-opted it after she wrecked her car (she's fine, other guy was cited, thankfully!). No overheating on the rebuild? Would you take it on a 12 hour mountain drive? That's what I might be doing to get back to the mountains of Northern AZ.

Sorry about the loss of your 4Runner, I had a 14 briefly, I like those guys, but good that it went to a good home (and that she is fine too).

Thanks! It was a funny situation, I did all the work before a big set of life changes so it was work for a car for me initially. Would I take it on a 12 hour mountain drive? Absolutely. I moved across CO (West to the Springs) and with around 1-2k lbs worth of stuff in it (wine, ammo, and guns mostly) up and over both Vail and Eisenhower with no overheating at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom