Fresh rebuild crank won’t turn after installing in truck. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Fj80oregon So is the spun bearing the fundamental cause of the failure or a symptom of some other issue? Lots said about oil pump and priming and I kind of agree with @cruisermatt that the oil pump wasn't the issue but is a random bearing spinning for no reason likely?

Some years ago there was a Mud member who had a new short block that suffered some sort of serious engine damage shortly after start-up. IIRC @cruiserdan was able to get a warranty replacement short block for that customer. FWIW

@Fj80oregon So is the spun bearing the fundamental cause of the failure or a symptom of some other issue? Lots said about oil pump and priming and I kind of agree with @cruisermatt that the oil pump wasn't the issue but is a random bearing spinning for no reason likely?
I don’t know for sure. The bearing spinning is for sure the failure just don’t know what caused it. Even the spun bearing had oil on it along with crank journal. Going to talk with Toyota, all the other bearings had plenty of oil so its just odd that one decided to spin. I have seen severely neglected engines with lots of wear on all bearings, piston skirts and cylinder bores and they still ran relatively well and spun freely.

Update from Toyota?
New block inbound! Toyota agreed something failed, either the oil journal was clogged in #7 or a piece of debris from machining got into the journal. If other bearings were damaged or any other damage was done then it would be on me. Thankfully Toyota stands behind their product and was very accommodating. Now just have to wait for one to land in the USA.

New block inbound! Toyota agreed something failed, either the oil journal was clogged in #7 or a piece of debris from machining got into the journal. If other bearings were damaged or any other damage was done then it would be on me. Thankfully Toyota stands behind their product and was very accommodating. Now just have to wait for one to land in the USA.
Will you change your mind and do the supercharger again?

Toyota delivered!!

IMG_9586.jpeg

IMG_9585.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom