Fox IFP Shocks for the 80, Available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I for one can say first hand that they look spectacular in the box in the corner of my garage at the moment.

I got the 4" ones from downsouth on Ebay. Have not got then in yet though.

...via IH8MUD app

Ordered mine today. The 4" flavor. Fwiw, Spoke to DS and they said they are setup specifically for the 80... FYI, I'm running slee 4" heavy springs. Hope to get them soon!!

Picked up mine on Saturday.

Have not installed yet but they look and feel very high quality.

Hope to maybe get them in this week one night.

...via IH8MUD app

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
For those interested-
*500 mile report, mix around town/highway/16 miles graded dirt
(Set-up F&R) 50mm Constant rate King Coils (AUS) + Fox 2.0 IFP 1" - 2.5" lift version
315 BFG KM2 36 psi (highway) 20 psi (dirt)
Fairly light 80, ARB bullbar (no winch), Slee sliders, factory rear bumper, no 3rd row seat/empty cargo area

*Previous set-up, OME 850/860 (heavy/med) OME LTR's w/reservoirs
I had no complaints about my previous set-up other than after 8 years it was feeling tired, & I was unable to find anyone to re-build my LTR's (in the USA)

So far I'm very happy with the Fox IFP shocks, the valving front is spot on for my set-up, not to firm or to soft, feels very much under control. It also seems to handle the small & large bumps equally well.
The valving rear, may be too soft once I load up, but as of now it feels spot on. Overall I would not change a thing.

View attachment 912887 View attachment 912888 View attachment 912887 View attachment 912888
For those interested-
(Set-up F&R) 50mm Constant rate King Coils (AUS) + Fox 2.0 IFP 1" - 2.5" lift version
Fairly light 80, ARB bullbar (no winch), Slee sliders, factory rear bumper, no 3rd row seat/empty cargo area

I had no complaints about my previous set-up other than after 8 years it was feeling tired, & I was unable to find anyone to re-build my LTR's (in the USA)

So far I'm very happy with the Fox IFP shocks, the valving front is spot on for my set-up, not to firm or to soft, feels very much under control. It also seems to handle the small & large bumps equally well.
The valving rear, may be too soft once I load up, but as of now it feels spot on. Overall I would not change a thing.
@CDFarmer , Excellent review. Thanks!!!!

View attachment 912887 View attachment 912888 View attachment 912887 View attachment 912888
For those interested-

Yep thanks for posting that up, good review!

If anyone happens to be on the phone with fox, ask if they'd give you the shim stack breakdown for these. Who knows if they'd share but since one could in theory pull it apart to check, maybe that would give us guys running the regular 2.0's some baseline for valving :)

For those interested-

You suck now you make me want to have new shocks..........good thing they are not adjustable.

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

Got mine before the 4th am installed a few days after that. I have only been able to run around town doing errands and up and down the fwy a bit to and from work, but they are night and day from what I had before!! Much more body control in corners (it still leans, but it is a big heavy beast and no front sway bar atm), and dampens small and large bumps alike! Looking forward to snake lake trail next weekend to see how they are offroad, and then a 4 hr road trip to Fresno and 4 days offroad in the high sierras next month to really test them out!
I'm on slee 4" heavy springs, oem front bushings with caster plates, DC Fab front with 8274, dc fab sliders, dc fab rear with spare and ladder swing outs, third row seats in, 3/4 length custom roof rack. About 6100 lbs with no gear.
My before and after product specs:

Previously:
Doetsch progressive pre-runner 8000 series shock (white can: 1 5/8" piston, 11/16" rod)
Rear:
PN8350
26" extended
15.4" compressed
10.6" travel

Front:
PN 8361/8350SS (same as above, just with stud/stud mount)
25.5" ext
15.0" comp
10.4" travel

New shocks:
Fox 2.0 performance series ifp shock (2" body, 5/8" rod, ifp)

Rear: PN 985-24-087
27.25" ext
16.65" comp
10.6" travel

Front: 985-24-076
25.95" ext
15.35" comp
10.6" travel

:steer: :cheers:

Last edited:

No, I believe the IFP models are 2" only. Fox does however make a 2" stem top with external compression and rebound adjustment. It's near 3x the money of what the IFP models are, but it's a true user rebuildable Fox resi, and I think that would be the balls at least for the rear...until the majak 3 link is done.
Do you have a link to these? I can't seem to find them, although polyperformance has several JK fox shocks that would fit the bill.

Last edited:
Been driving on mine for about a month now I think... don't have any complaints thus far. I had the originals on (200k) which where still functional. Haven't wheeled with them yet as I'm still building up my truck but, I would imagine they'll perform just fine. Good price on em for what you get IMHO. I got the +3-4" and 4-5" 's.

Thanks. I was referring to the 2.5 resis though. Poly performance has them in 11.5" jk applications @$225/$335(w comp adjusters).
That's a great price! Need any mount mods? No biggie if so...

I bought a front set and will see how much of a difference they make (if any) to the beat up OME set that I am currently running....
The ebay add states that it will accomodate 3" to 4" lift, yet the invoice I was sent states it is only a 3"-3.5".
First thing I'll do is measure them right out of the box and see if the numbers posted ont he add are correct.
If they are not these are going back..

14%2B-%2B1

I did not order the rears as these are for my project rig and the rear is heavy with gear 500# and fuel (46gal)..
I did call Down South and asked about my particular set up..
Their recommendation was to do with the Fox 2.5 with remote reservoirs, but I knew that..
I was more or less wanting to hear from them what I already knew, these would run around $250.00 a piece

Last edited:
I just installed these shocks two days ago. My lift setup is OME 850+1/863's in the rear.

My truck had the bumpstop brackets when I bought it but I doubt they are factory. They are 2" blocks above the rear bumpstops.

Here is the truck on a forklift:

Fox IFP shocks/OME 863/850 +1" spacer
by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Rear tire was rubbing rear portion of the wheel well pretty good when I stopped, I would consider this very close to maximum articulation. Notice the remaining stroke on the shocks. Bumpstop was within 1/2" of contact. (ignore my ghetto bend brake line... lol) :

IMG_20140820_124449
by RickaShay24, on Flickr

I have only city driving on them so far. Compared to the near new OME "L" shocks I was previously running, these are a tiny bit softer but not much. The big difference is in the valving. It seems quite a bit slower on rebound than the OMEs which smooths out the ride considerably. Feel more controlled over large bumps etc. Will have a trail report in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom